Passing under the Four Bridges! My Experience about the International Ferry from Osaka, Japan to Shanghai, China! (Day 1)


The 2nd day in the ferry from Osaka to Shanghai:
The 3rd day in the ferry from Osaka to Shanghai: 

At night of Aug. 5, 2019, I got on the night bus to Osaka, Japan after saying good-bye to my friends in Tokyo, Japan. The next day, Aug. 6, I arrived at Osaka Station in the early morning. I went to Cosmosquare Station by Osaka Metro after enjoying the wonderful and abundant breakfast. And then I walked to Osaka Port International Ferry Terminal!


There were several ferry terminal in Osaka Port Area. That day I was going to Osaka Port International Ferry Terminal!


It took me roughly 10 minutes to walk from Cosmosquare Station to Osaka Port International Ferry Terminal!


That day I was going to take the ferry, Xinjianzhen (新鑒真), to Shanghai, China from Osaka, Japan.


It would take 47 hours, roughly 2 days to sail.


The 1st thing after entering the ferry terminal was to check in. By the way, a visa to visit China needed apply before arrival in China.


Because I had booked my ferry ticket on Ctrip.com, I didn't need to pay for the ticket here. But the international tourist tax at 1,000 JPY (= 9.48 USD) only in cash was still necessary here.


In fact, there were 2 ferries sailing between Osaka, Japan and Shanghai, China. One is Xinjianzhen, which I chose this time, heading to Shanghai from Osaka or Kobe weekly alternatively. The other one was Suzhou from Osaka.


After obtaining the ferry ticket, passengers could checked the luggage if necessary.


After the security check, I just passed the immigration and boarded the ferry.


After boarding, I waited for the staff available. The staff on the ferry would lead me to my room.


This time I booked the 2nd class cabin (western style) at 650 CNY (= 92.01 USD), and the fuel surcharge was 150 CNY (= 21.23 USD). This journey totally cost me 800 CNY (= 113.24 USD).


There were 8 cabins in a room. My cabin was the lower one closed to the window. Luckily, the socket was also nearby!


After unloading my luggage, I walked around this ferry!


Here was a very obvious portrait in this ferry. The man in the portrait was exactly Jianzhen (鑒真), the monk from Tang (唐). The name of this ferry was also from him. In order to propagate Buddhism in Japan, he attempted to visit Japan six times! Eventually he succeeded! He was spoken highly in history of both Japan and China!


Additionally, here were lots of amusement facilities to help passengers to kill time.


For example, the table tennis room.


Here was a computer room, but without Internet!


Even a mahjong room!


Here was also a karaoke room for singing, but it was time-limited.


The toilet was clean, but without washlet.


Here were some coin-lockers to deposit the valuable.


I also saw the 2nd class cabin (Japanese style) at the same price.


Before sailing, the staff called everyone and then taught everyone to wear the life jacket.


Then, it was almost 11:00!


It was time to say good-bye to Osaka!


The ferry slowly left from Osaka Port.


It gradually headed to Seto Inland Sea.


The restaurant soon opened after the ferry started!


Here were both Japanese and Chinese cuisines.


The prices of Chinese dishes was from 400 JPY to 600 JPY (= 3.79 USD ~ 5.69 USD).


The restaurant also served fruits and salad.


But I was still too full to have lunch due to the abundant breakfast! I gave it up!


Then the ferry was going to pass under Akashi Kaikyo Bridge (明石海峡大橋). I decided to enjoy the view!


It was not easy to watch Akashi Kaikyo Bridge (明石海峡大橋) from this angle at all in a life!


After passing under Akashi Kaikyo Bridge (明石海峡大橋), I'd like to take a shower in the shower room. After all, I caught up the night bus from Tokyo to Osaka in a hurry. I had no time to take a shower. The shower room in the ferry was spacious enough! Here were 2 parts in a shower room, the shower part and clothing part.


Here was a cabinet for the valuable.


After I took a nice shower, the duty-free shop also opened. But nothing interested me inside!


Because Xinjianzhen sailed via Seto Inland Sea, the 4G signal was really strong! I decided to play the popular mobile game, FGO, to kill some time.


I kept playing FGO until 15:30, and then I found we were going to pass under the 2nd bridge that day by Google Map.



The 2nd bridge was the Great Seto Bridge (瀬戸大橋)! It consisted of a series of bridges and small islands between Okayama and Kagawa.


The bridge was a two-tiered bridge. The upper deck was for Seto-Chuo Expressway, and the lower deck was for JR Seto-Ohashi Line. It was also the longest two-tiered bridge system in the world!


It looked so splendid! It was a shame that the photos I took here were always foggy due to the weather!


After that, I walked from the 5th floor to the 4th floor and took some rest!


And I rolled a gacha in FGO.


I also had some snacks and waited for the next bridge!


The cloud and rain gradually disappeared when heading west. It also slowly turned rainy to cloudy!


The 3rd bridge that day was Kurushima Kaikyo Bridge (来島海峡大橋)!


This bridge still looked pretty splendid and gorgeous!


After the ferry passed under Kurushima Kaikyo Bridge (来島海峡大橋), it was almost sunset!


Although I couldn't see the full sunset due to the weather, the sunshine looked just like the light of redemption on the sea. It was still not bad!


The night gradually fell. It meant that it was dinner time!


In fact, here were lots of dishes at the restaurant of the ferry!


The dishes made me hesitated among them!


My final decision was the dish I always loved, mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐)!


The mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐) in the ferry was OK! It tasted slightly numbing and spicy. It was also pretty matched with the hot rice! But it was a shame that the mapo tofu was not hot enough because I entered the restaurant late. I wished I could had hot mapo tofu!


After finishing, I planned to watch the TV series, "Better Call Saul", to kill my time!


"Breaking Bad" was always my favorite TV series! Of course, I wouldn't miss its related excellent series "Better Call Saul"! After all, the outside was too dark to enjoy the scene. It was the exact time to enjoy the video I downloaded on Netflix!


After that, I took a cat nap. And then I discovered that the ferry was going to pass under Kanmon Bridge (関門橋) when I woke up!


This bridge connected Shimonoseki, the westernmost city of Honshu, and Moji, the northernmost city of Kyushu. It was the last bridge that day!


It was the last bridge in Japan during the sailing.


After that, the ferry sailed west by south, and it slowly left from Japan and headed to East China Sea. The lights from the coast became darker and darker. My 4G signal also became weaker and weaker. After a little long while, they were all gone!

Therefore, I decided to go to bed earlier and waited for the sunrise the next day!

The 2nd day in the ferry from Osaka to Shanghai:
Crossing the Boundless Sea! My Experience about the International Ferry from Osaka, Japan to Shanghai, China! (Day 2)

留言