Landing at the Bund! My Experience about the International Ferry from Osaka, Japan to Shanghai, China! (Day 3)


The 1st day in the ferry from Osaka to Shanghai: 
The 2nd day in the ferry from Osaka to Shanghai:

On Aug. 8, 2019, I woke up in the early morning. This day the ferry still sailed on East China Sea, but it was almost closed to China. I walked onto the deck to watch the sunrise!


I stood on the deck and enjoyed the sea wind.


I watched the sun gradually rise.


It was really an unique experience for me.


Many passengers were also waiting for the sunrise on the deck then.


Because we were pretty closed to Shanghai, China, we could see more and more ships on the sea.


After enjoying the beautiful sunrise, I decided to take a shower and do my laundry.


The washing machine and dryer were free!


After a shower, I took some rest. The ferry was at China's Yangtze Estuary then.


I could already see the land and more ships!


The color of water here looked obviously different from the opea sea.


The restaurant started to supply for the breakfast. I decided to have my breakfast at first.


The breakfast was included in the ferry fee. I didn't need pay any additional fees.


The breakfast that day tasted OK.


The ferry would arrived in Shanghai, China at 10:00.


After finishing my breakfast, the ferry entered the Mouth of Wusong (吳淞口) from Yangtze River (長江).


The ferry, Xinjianzhen (新鑒真號), kept sailing on Huangpu River (黃浦江).


I could see so many ships to and fro on the river. Shanghai is a pretty prosperous port!


Here were also many cranes along the coast.


The duty-free shop opened for its last time during this journey.


After packing my suitcase, I headed to the deck again to take some photos!


Compared with the port of departure, Osaka, Japan, Shanghai looked so different.


The waters here looked more turbid.


Some ships on the river looked quite old, but the quantity of small ships here were larger than in Osaka.


Taking the ferry sailing on Huangpu River was also a very good method to enjoy Shanghai!


After a while, the ferry was going to pass under Yangpu Bridge (楊浦大橋).


I hadn't seen the bridge for a long time.


After passing under Yangpu Bridge (楊浦大橋), I could clearly see the landmark of Shanghai, China, Oriental Pearl TV Tower!



The destination of the ferry, Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal, was just across from Oriental Pearl TV Tower!



Some passengers went back into the cabin to pack their luggage.


I cherished this rare opportunity to take some photos here.


Eventually, the ferry arrived at Shanghai Port!


It was a shame that it was too cloudy. The photos looked slightly grey and dark.


It was time to pull my luggage and waited to disembark.


After that, here were so many passengers at the lobby waiting to disembark.


The airstair, instead of the jet bridge, was used at Shanghai Port.


After I walked down from the airstair, I got a disembarkation proof and then got on the bus.


We headed to the immigration checkpoint of Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal by the bus.


When entering China, besides showing the passport and Chinese visa, returning the disembarkation proof was also necessary!



After immigration check, please don't forget your check-in luggage!


After leaving from Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal, I walked along Lv Shun Road (旅顺路).


And then I turned right on Dong Chang Zhi Road (东长治路).


Soon I could see the Entrance No. 3 of International Cruise Terminal Station (国际客运中心站).


It meant that my international ferry journey perfectly ended after getting on the train of Shanghai Metro.

Personally speaking, the experience about the international ferry journey was precious and unique. It took me 3 days and 2 nights, totally 48 hours but only cost me 800 CNY (= 111.94 USD). It was really value for money!

But I have some suggestions for you guys who have interest in long-time ferry journey. Bringing something which helps you kill some time was very important! For example, the downloaded video or mobile games without Internet. Books are also very good!

With these items, you could feel even better after you start to feel bored in the ferry!

留言