Lin's Original Pork Knuckles (林家原汁豬腳), Serving the Popular and Scrumptious Pork Knuckle Soup in Keelung, Taiwan Est. 1984


On Nov. 11, 2020, Shopee Company held the free-highway-bus event in Taipei, Taiwan. I caught the opportunity to take the highway bus to Keelung Station (基隆車站), Keelung from Taipei Station (台北車站), Taipei. At noon, I headed to Lin's Original Pork Knuckles (林家原汁豬腳), the super popular eatery in Keelung, for lunch!


Here were also so many customers lining up on a business day. It was too horrible to imagine how long the line would become on holidays and weekends.


I just watched the chef professionally handle the pork knuckles and scrolled the SNS to kill the queueing time.


Luckily, the table turnover rate was high! It took me only 15 minutes to queue.


It was necessary to use the same table with other customers because I visited here alone and too many customers dined here.


There were not many options on its menu. Lin's Original Pork Knuckles (林家原汁豬腳) only served the pork knuckle soup (豬腳湯), staple foods and vegetables. Customers could choose the boneless or bone-in pork knuckles  


I simply ordered a bowl of pork knuckle soup (豬腳湯) at 100 TWD (= 3.51 USD). For convenience, I chose the boneless pork knuckles. Moreover, I ordered my staple food, a bowl of vermicelli (麵線), at 30 TWD (= 1.05 USD).


My meals were soon served! It only took 3 minutes after placing my order!


The vermicelli was just OK. Its texture seemed too soft. Its taste was also too light after mixing probably because the sauce was not enough or the vermicelli was not fully drained.


Next, I tried the main course that day, pork knuckle soup!


At first, I'd like to have a spoon of milky pork knuckle soup. The soup was mild and rich with gamey taste! It was so great that I couldn't help but enjoy the soup a spoon after another!


The boneless pork knuckles consisted of the fat pork with skin and the lean pork without skin.


The fat pork with skin was soft but not too greasy. It was slightly sticky due to the collagen. With some chili and soy sauce, its tasted so fantastic!


The lean pork without skin was firm but not tough. Its texture was also quite tender. It also tasted very scrumptious with the soy sauce and chili!


The deliciousness of Lin's Original Pork Knuckles (林家原汁豬腳) is really proportional to its popularity! It's really a shame that Lin's Original Pork Knuckles (林家原汁豬腳) est. 1984 is going permanently closed next year, 2021,  because of its owners' retirement. The heavenly pork knuckle soup is going to the end.


Map Information


Business Hours:10:00 - 15:00 (Closed on Mondays)
TEL:+8862 2427 0229

留言