Koharu (小桜) Ramen, Serving the Rich and Strong Shrimp & Chicken Ramen in Taipei, Taiwan!


In the evening of May 29, 2020, it rained a lot in Taipei, Taiwan. My friend and I headed to MRT Taipei Arena Station for dinner. The restaurant we visited was Koharu (小桜) Ramen.


Koharu (小桜) Ramen was a food booth on the 2nd floor of Zhonglun Market (中崙市場).


The signature was the shrimp and chicken ramen (蝦雞白湯拉麵) at Koharu (小桜) Ramen. Its feature was the rich aroma of shrimps!


At first, I placed my order at the counter. Importantly, here were only 30 bowls of ramen a day! And Koharu (小桜) Ramen only opened for 2 hours a day, from 18:00 to 20:00.


After carefully thinking, I decided to ordered a bowl of the special shrimp and chicken ramen (蝦雞白湯SP拉麵) at 300 TWD (= 10.03 USD). The texture of noodles I chose was firm.


On May 29, customers could get 3 slices of sous vide chicken thighs for free when their orders cost over 280 TWD (= 9.35 USD). The reason was that the pronunciations of "29" and "meat" were the same in Japanese.


After finishing ordering and payment, I got the number ticker, No. 7, and then I had my seat near Koharu (小桜) Ramen.


After a long while, my special shrimp and chicken ramen (蝦雞白湯SP拉麵) was completed. I carefully carried the tray with the hot ramen to my seat.


The ramen looked quite abundant, and the toppings also looked very various!


One of the toppings on the soup was the pink sakura shrimp.


The sliced sous vide chicken thighs was topped with the truffle oil!


The texture of sous vide chicken was pretty tender. The sliced chicken tasted great with the rich and strong chicken soup!


The chicken soup here was quite rich and colloidal. Its taste was slightly heavy and salty with the obvious freshness of crustacea! The combination was really perfect for me!


The soup tasted even more delicious with the sakura shrimps!


The noodles here were the thin noodles. Because I ordered the firm noodles, the noodles in my bowl was great and al dente!


The topping catching my eyes was the grilled pork belly. Due to the flame from butane torch, the redundant fat in the pork belly was removed. The ratio of fat and lean meat stroke a perfect balance, and the aroma grilling was unique and satisfying to me!


The yolk of soft-boiled egg was still runny. The quality here was still high!


The cabbage in the soup tasted fresher and sweeter! It could offer some different flavors from the soup.


A dish of extra noodles at Koharu (小桜) Ramen was free! Thus, I ordered a dish of noodles. The texture I liked was still firm!


I poured the hot and firm noodles into my remaining shrimp and chicken soup, and then I continued to happily enjoy the rich and scrumptious ramen!


After finishing the heavenly my special shrimp and chicken ramen (蝦雞白湯SP拉麵), I returned the tray and bowl to Koharu (小桜) Ramen.


Because the flavor of ramen here was rich and strong, the candies at the counter could fresh my mouth!

Personally speaking, I'm pretty satisfied with Koharu (小桜) Ramen! The rich chicken soup with the freshness of shrimps and the al dente and firm thin noodles are too fantastic to forget!

But I also think the flavor here is stronger and saltier! The ramen lovers who prefer to the light ramen could adjust the richness of soup. Of course, Koharu (小桜) Ramen may not a good option for the ones who don't love shrimps.


Map Information


Business Hours:18:00 - 20:00

留言