Genkishin (元喜神), the Ramen Restaurant Serving the Rich and Scrumptious Chicken Tsukemen and Zosui in Nara, Japan!


On Feb. 17, 2019, after I walked around at Nishiki Market (錦市場), Kyoto, Japan in the morning, I took Kintestu Railway to Kintetsu Nara Station (近鉄奈良駅) to unload my luggage at my hostel. And then I walked to my destination for lunch, Genkishin (元喜神), on the commercial street that day!


The most popular course with customers at Genkishin (元喜神) Ramen Restaurant, Nara, Japan was exactly the rich chicken tsukemen (鶏白湯つけめん)!


That day I was so lucky that I could have my seat as soon as I arrived at Genkishin (元喜神)!



After I had my seat, of course I ordered its most popular chicken tsukemen (鶏白湯つけめん) at 850 JPY (= 7.59 USD). I preferred the cold noodles! Additionally, I ordered a soft-boiled egg at 120 JPY (= 1.07 USD) and cheese at 80 JPY (= 0.71 USD)!


The reason why I ordered the cheese was just for the other speciality, zosui (雑炊)!


Here was the tutorial in multi-languages for cooking zosui (雑炊) at the restaurant!


Here was an induction stove next to my seat. It was very convenient!



I could cook the the zosui here by adding the rice and fish broth into the remaining tsukenmen sauce!


After a while, my chicken tsukemen (鶏白湯つけめん) eventually appeared on my table!


Adding the bonito powder made the rich chicken tsukemen sauce more flavorful!


The slightly transparent and liquid soft-boiled egg made my mouth full of water!


The noodles with whole-wheat flour was al-dente with the aroma of wheat! They tasted perfect with the chicken tsukemen sauce!


The BBQ pork in the sauce was also not bad!



After finishing the divine chicken tsukemen (鶏白湯つけめん), I started to cook the other main course, zosui (雑炊)!


At first, I put the tsukemen sauce on the induction stove and poured the rice into the sauce.


And then I beat the egg.


Finally, I added the beaten egg and cheese into the boiling zosui and kept heating until the cheese became melted.


It was time to enjoy the delicious egg and cheese zosui!


I adjusted the taste depending on my personal preference by slowly pouring the fish broth into my zosui.



Although the zosui I cooked was not as good-looking as Japanese chiefs did, it still tasted fantastic!

Such a wonderful course including the double enjoyment, tsukemen and zosui only cost me 1,050 JPY (= 9.38 USD), even including the tax! And the portion was also satisfying! Personally speaking, Genkishin's tsukemen and zosui was absolutely worth a try when visiting Nara, Japan!


Map Information



Business Hours:11:00 - 22:00
TEL:+81 742-26-1611

留言