Lin's Beef Noodles on Chaozhou St. (潮州街林記牛肉麵), Serving the Tasty Beef Noodle Soup in the Lane of Taipei, Taiwan!


In the afternoon of Aug. 17, 2020, I rode the public bike to Taipei, Taiwan for dinner. The restaurant I visited that day was Lin's Beef Noodles on Chaozhou St. (潮州街林記牛肉麵) near MRT Guting Station (捷運古亭站).


Lin's Beef Noodles (林記牛肉麵) was located in the lane of Chaozhou Street. It was also called the water vat beef noodles (水缸牛肉麵) because of the white plastic water vat at its entrance.


I decided to ordered the large bowl of beef noodle soup (牛肉麵) at 150 TWD (= 5.11 USD). Additionally, I ordered some extra toppings, a pouched egg (蛋包) at 10 TWD (= 0.34 USD) and wontons (餛飩) at 10 TWD (= 0.34 USD).


Here were many seats still available at 17:00. But the seats here were all occupied after 17:30.


After a while, my beef noodle soup was served. At first, I tried the original soup. Although the soup tasted mild and smooth with beef aroma, it was still a little light for me.


Thus, I spooned some spicy tallow into my beef noodle soup to adjust the flavor.


After adding some spicy tallow, the deliciousness of beef soup dramatically soured up! It tasted even better for me! But, too much spicy tallow would result in the greasy soup. Gradually adding the spicy tallow into the soup and adjusting the flavor would be a smarter option.


The noodles here were the common noodles at Taiwanese Noodle Eateries. The texture of the noodles was slightly firmer. They was not overcooked and soft! I was very satisfied with the quality of noodles.


The beef chunks tasted a little lean without the redundant fats. But the beef chunks were still fresh and tender. They were far beyond my expectation!


There were 5 extra wontons in my beef noodle soup. They only cost me 10 TWD (= 0.34 USD)! The wrapper of wontons was thicker, but the stuffing was firm. This extra topping was worth a try!


At last, I'd like to try the poached egg. It was the relatively rare topping at Taiwan's beef noodle eateries.


I poked the poached egg with the chopsticks, and the very yellow egg yolk outflew! The eggs looked even more delicious!


I really love Lin's Beef Noodles on Chaozhou St. (潮州街林記牛肉麵) so much! The beef chunks are very fresh and tender, and the soup with spicy tallow tasted even more mouth-watering! The poached egg and wontons are also satisfying to me!

But, the large bowl of beef noodle soup is a little too much for me. The small bowl of beef noodle soup with poached egg and wontons would be moderate!


Map Information


Business Hours:10:30 - 18:00 (Closed on Saturdays and Sundays)
TEL:+8862 2393 0360

留言