Tong An Curry (通庵熟成咖哩), Serving the Fantastic Numbing and Spicy Curry in Taipei, Taiwan!


In the evening of May 20, 2020, my friends and I had dinner together in Taipei, Taiwan. We headed to Tong An Curry (通庵熟成咖哩) near MRT Xinyi Anhe Station.


Tong An Curry (通庵熟成咖哩) was very popular with consumers. Here were so many customers queueing before it opened at 17:30.


Customers here could choose takeout service to avoid queueing. The takeout price was 50-TWD lower than the dine-in price.


I kept playing mobile games to kill the queueing time. Lining up didn't bore me at all because I played FGO and Princess Connect: ReDive.


Here were only 8 seats at the restaurant. It took me totally 50 minutes to stand at the entrance. Eventually it was my turn! After I had my seat, I ordered the beef & chicken aged curry set (綜合牛雞熟成咖哩定食) at 230 TWD (= 7.68 USD). Its spiciness was lightly spicy. My add-on was the burdock tempura (牛蒡天婦羅) at 40 TWD (= 1.34 USD).


Soon my set was served. The set consisted of a dish of curry rice, a bowl of miso soup and a dish of pickled radish. The freshly deep fried burdock tempura was placed on the curry rice.


At first, I tried the miso soup. Here was a clam in the miso soup. The soup had the freshness of clams and aroma of miso. It was so delicious!


Besides my add-on, burdock tempura, the toppings were the deep fried soft-boiled egg, potato, scallions and onions. The curry rice looked quite mouth-watering!


Firstly, I'd like to try the flavor of curry. The signature, aged curry, was based on the species which was reserved for 28 days after drying and frying process. After that process, the chef started to make the curry with the species. The curry smelled so mouth-watering. It tasted a little spicy and numbing and very appetizing with the rice. I couldn't help but enjoy it one bite after another!


The yolk of deep fried soft-boiled egg was still a little liquid, but the egg white was slightly crispy. The egg tasted very good with the curry sauce!


The freshly deep fried burdock tempura was hot on the curry rice. Its outside looked golden and tasty, and its inside tasted fresh and nice! The texture was crispy outside but soft inside. The burdock tempura was perfect with the curry!


The potatoes were deep fried. That made the texture more various!


The stewed beef chunks were quite tender like melting in my mouth. I liked it so much!


The chicken here was the chicken thigh. It tasted also good, but I preferred the beef to chicken!


The onions and scallions on the curry sauce made the whole curry rice more flavorful!


The pickled radish could change the taste for a while!


The curry sauce could be refilled once for free. The additional rice would cost customers the extra payment. The miso soup could be refilled once for free, too!


After enjoying the good-smelling, numbing and spicy aged curry, I had sweated a lot! Without doubt, the curry here was exciting and fantastic! 

Personally speaking, I strongly recommend the numbing and spicy curry! The curry at Tong An Curry (通庵熟成咖哩) is absolutely worth a try!


Map Information


Business Hours:12:00 - 14:30;17:30 - 21:30 

留言