Iki-Iki Tei (いきいき亭), Serving the Fresh, Fantastic and Luxurious Seafood Donburi in Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan!


In the morning of Jan. 6, 2020, I woke up in my room of Hotel Vista Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan! I planned to walked to Kanazawa's famous fish market, Omicho Market (近江町市場) for breakfast from Kanazawa Station.

After 20 minutes, I arrived at Omicho Market (近江町市場)


I saw my destination, Iki-Iki Tei (いきいき亭), as soon as I entered the market that morning.


Iki-Iki Tei (いきいき亭) specialized in the fresh and various Japanese seafood cuisine!


Its signature, Iki-Iki Tei Donburi (いきいき亭丼), had the same name as the restaurant.


Iki-Iki Tei (いきいき亭) was very famous in Kanazawa. Even the Prime Minister of Japan, Abe Shinzo (安倍晉三) had ever visited here!


The space inside Iki-Iki Tei (いきいき亭) was not large. Here were only 10 seats!


All the seats here were bar seats.


After I had my seat, I got a cup of hot tea. The service here was very satisfying!


It was my 1st time to visit Iki-Iki Tei (いきいき亭), so I decided to try the signature here, Iki-Iki Tei Donburi (いきいき亭丼), at 2,200 JPY (= 21.63 USD).


I saw the chef here preparing my seafood donburi for me after placing my order.


I could clearly see the fresh and mouth-watering seafood from my bar seat.


I saw the chef professionally grilling the sashimi for me! I was looking forward to the seafood donburi!


After a while, my Iki-Iki Tei Donburi (いきいき亭丼) was served!


The seafood topped on my Iki-Iki Tei Donburi (いきいき亭丼) looked quite fresh, abundant and luxurious!


I could see the large bowl of sushi rice at the bottom after removing the abundant seafood platter!


The sushi rice had various taste with the nori and sliced gingers.


Additionally, the miso soup was included in the seafood donburi set.


The miso soup with a large fish chunk tasted fresh and savory!


The seafood platter of Iki-Iki Tei Donburi (いきいき亭丼) was luxuriously decorated with some gold leaves.


The tuna belly sashimi looked very attractive and mouth-watering!


The chef here recommended me to season the grilled sashimi with some rock salt. The rock salt made the grilled sashimi even fresher!


The sushi rice and other sashimi with classic wasabi and soy sauce were the amazing gourmet food!


Besides the tasty sashimi, the fresh crab and shrimp were also included in the seafood platter.


Iki-Iki Tei Donburi (いきいき亭丼) were so satisfying to me! Its portion, freshness, deliciousness and variety were all impeccable!

After finishing the abundant and heavenly breakfast, I slowly walked to Kanazawa Castle Park. And then I headed to Kanazawa's famous landmark, one of Japan's Great Gardens, Kenrokuen Garden (兼六園)!


Map Information


Business Hours:07:00 - 15:00
Official Website:https://www.facebook.com/ikiikiteikanazawa/
TEL:+81 76-222-2621

留言