Uchuuken Shokudou (宇宙軒食堂), Serving Kanazawa's Affordable and Local Speciality, Mouth-Watering Grilled Pork Belly in Ishikawa, Japan!


In the evening of Jan. 8, 2020, after I finished shopping at Don Quijote Supermarket near Nishiizumi Station, Ishikawa, Japan, I took the bus to Korinbo, Downtown Kanazawa for dinner.



I heard that Uchuuken Shokudou (宇宙軒食堂), the restaurant I visited that day, was a pretty popular restaurant with locals in Kanazawa.



But I didn't see too many customers because I arrived here when the restaurant was almost closed.


The signature at Uchuuken Shokudou (宇宙軒食堂) was the pork belly set meal (とんバラ定食) at 700 JPY (= 6.24 USD).



After I placed my order, the chef here soon grilled the sliced pork belly for me. The grilled pork belly was too good-smelling to stop my mouth watering!


The hot and freshly-grilled pork belly and fresh shredded cabbage tasted so great without any redundant fat. Additionally, with the hot rice, the pork belly set meal was like the enjoyment in heaven!



The grilled pork belly with Uchuuken Shokudou's special dipping sauce tasted much better!


The tofu miso soup was also included in the pork belly set meal. It tasted richer but very good!


Locals also recommended to put the grilled sliced pork belly into the miso soup. The melted pork fat made the soup more flavorful!

Personally speaking, the foods at Uchuuken Shokudou (宇宙軒食堂) look common, but they are affordable, large and delicious! That would be the reason why it's so popular with locals in Kanazawa!


Map Information


Business Hours:11:00 - 15:00;17:00 - 21:00 (Closed on Tuesdays)
TEL:+81 76-261-8700

留言