Stadtbäckerei am Gänsemarkt, Serving the Traditional German Breakfast, Mett, in Hamburg, Germany!


In the morning of Dec. 7, 2019, my friend and I had breakfast together in Hamburg, Germany. He had worked in Hamburg for several years. Because I told him I'd like to try the traditional German breakfast, he recommended the bakery, Stadtbäckerei am Gänsemarkt near Gänsemarkt station, to me!




Stadtbäckerei am Gänsemarkt seemed a historical bakery. It had been established since 1681. Here were so many customer inside the bakery. It took much time to queue.


Because I visited Germany in December, the atmosphere here was full of Christmas!


Of course, the German local breakfast we shouldn't miss was mett, the spiced raw ground pork bread! I ordered a plate of mett at 1.9 EUR (= 64 TWD) and a mug of black coffee at 1.6 EUR (= 54 TWD).


The requirement of quality of the ground pork on German mett was very high! The pork was freshly cut and ground on the day! Moreover, the mett was very popular with locals. Therefore, the food hygiene here was not worried.


The tender freshly ground raw pork was topped on the slightly firm bread. The texture was very complementary!

With the seasoning of salt, black pepper and fresh sliced onion, the deliciousness and wildness of mett was perfectly expressed! The German breakfast was absolutely worth a try!

Personally speaking, I loved the traditional German breakfast, mett, so much! If here had been less customers, I would have bought one more mett! After finishing our breakfast, my friend and I went to the suitcase store, Klockmann to buy a Rimowa suitcase!


Map Information


Business Hours:06:00 - 20:00 (Mon. ~ Fri.)
                             06:00 - 19:30 (Sat.)
                             09:00 - 17:30 (Sun.)
Official Website:https://dasbroetchen.de/
TEL:+49 40 3552500

留言