Shuangtun Ramen (双豚ラーメン), the Affordable and Tasty Ramen in Banqiao, New Taipei, Taiwan!


In the evening of Aug. 28, 2019, my friend and I met at MRT Xinpu Station, Banqiao, New Taipei, Taiwan. We were going to Shuangtun Ramen (双豚ラーメン), the famous ramen restaurant nearby, for our dinner.

We arrived at Shuangtun Ramen (双豚ラーメン) roughly at 17:30. Shuangtun Ramen (双豚ラーメン) just started opening. We could see some customers queueing at the entrance.


Because we arrived here earlier on weekdays, soon we had our seats.


Customers could hang their personal belongings on the hooks.


Here was a minimum consumption at Shuangtun Ramen (双豚ラーメン). Every customer here needed to order at least one bowl of ramen. Additionally, only cash was acceptable!


Here were 2 main kinds of ramen, noodles with clear soup and rich soup. The others on the menu were some side dishes.


Besides the texture of noodles, the richness of soup here could be adjusted by customers. Basically, here were 2 kinds of flavors, the rich Japanese flavor and the light Taiwanese flavor.


My friend ordered Shuangtun DX ramen with clear soup at 300 TWD (= 9.68 USD). He chose the firmer noodles and light Taiwanese flavor.


I just ordered a bowl of clear soy sauce ramen with soft-boiled egg at 210 TWD (= 6.78 USD). I preferred the firmer noodles and the rich Japanese flavor. Additionally, I ordered a bowl of BBQ pork rice at 50 TWD (= 1.61 USD).


The BBQ pork and slightly burnt mayonnaise smelled so mouth-watering!


I put the BBQ pork and a little sour Japanese mayonnaise into my mouth with rice. What an amazing BBQ pork rice!


The toppings on the clear soy sauce ramen with soft-boiled egg looked quite classic!


The noodles here were so al dente! The noodles absorbing the Japanese soy sauce soup tasted so great!


The thin-cut sous vide pork looked a little pink. It tasted so fresh and tender!


But I'd like to enjoy the sous vide pork later, so I put the pork on the edge of bowl to avoid overheating by the hot soup.


The egg yolk of soft-boiled egg was so great! I could still feel the runniness of egg yolk after biting.


The soup in Japanese flavor smelled very good with the aroma of seafood and soy sauce. The soup also tasted so rich!


After finishing the noodles, I asked for the free extra noodles.


The free extra noodles were only the thin noodles. The thin noodles were soon served after placing my order.


I also loved the firm extra noodles. The firm noodles were so matched with the rich and thick soy sauce soup.


Personally speaking, I was very satisfied with the price, portion and deliciousness at Shuangtun Ramen (双豚ラーメン).


After we finished the tasty and large ramen, we decided to ride bicycles to the famous Crescent Bridge nearby. And then we'd like to enjoy a cup of coffee at the Louisa Cafe near Crescent Bridge, Xinzhuang, New Taipei.


Map Information


Business Hours:17:00 - 22:00 (Mon. ~ Fri.)
                             11:30 - 14:00;17:00 - 22:00 (Sat. & Sun.)

留言