Yang's Dumplings (小杨生煎), One of the Most Representative Gourmets in Shanghai, China!


On Aug. 8, 2019, I just arrived in Shanghai, China by ferry from Osaka, Japan in the morning! After I entered China at Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal, I headed to Huanchengdong Road Station from International Cruise Terminal Station by Shanghai Metro. I planned to check in and unload my luggage at the hotel at first! 


After I checked in, it was almost lunch time. Because the hotel was far away from Downtown Shanghai, and the branch of Yang's Dumplings (小杨生煎) nearby was highly rated, I decided to had lunch here.


Of course, the signature here was fried dumplings!



I planned to try its signature Yang's dumplings (小杨生煎) and prawn dumplings (大虾生煎), but here was no prawn dumplings served then.



It only served the new product, crawfish dumpling (小龙虾生煎). Thus, I eventually ordered the crawfish & Yang's dumplings at 14 CNY (= 1.99 USD).


Additionally, I heard that the curry rice noodles with tofu puff & beef (油豆腐牛肉粉丝汤) was also good! Therefore, it cost me 12 CNY (= 1.7 USD) to try!


Its indoor designs looked quite modern!


The environment here was clean, too!


Additionally, the temperature with air condition here was so comfortable!


After a short while, my meal was fully served!



Firstly, I decided to try its signature, fried dumplings!


The skin of fried dumplings looked slightly burnt but tasted so crispy with wheat aroma!


I tried the new product, crawfish dumpling. There were some crawfish meat inside the dumpling. Its stuffing tasted a little spicy and juicy!


I loved this new product so much!


The next one was its signature, Yang's dumpling.


Its skin was crispy and fragrant and stuffing was pretty juicy, too!


Personally speaking, I was very satisfied with the fried dumplings here!


And then I tried the soup of curry rice noodles with tofu puff & beef. The soup tasted mild and smooth with a little curry aroma.


The tofu puff tasted not too oily with nice texture!


The rice noodles easily absorbed the soup, so it tasted so appetizing with curry aroma!


The beef here was thin-cut. The texture was very tender, not chewy!


Personally speaking, adding some chili sauce into the bowl made the curry rice noodles more delicious!

In fact, there were lots of branches of Yang's Dumplings (小杨生煎) in Shanghai, China, but checking the reviews on Baidu Map was necessary. I heard that the significant deviation of quality existed among each branch. Luckily, the quality of Yang's Dumplings (小杨生煎) near my hotel was high!

After enjoying Shanghai's representative gourmet, I headed to Yu Garden (豫园), one of the famous attractions in Shanghai, China, by Shanghai Metro!


Map Information



Business Hours:10:00 - 22:00
Official Website:http://www.xysjg.com/
TEL:+86 21-60132951

留言