Ershao (二烧), the Restaurant Serving Its Affordable and Tasty Shumai and Egg Yolk Wonton in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China


At noon of Aug. 9, 2019, after I checked in at the hotel in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, I headed to Hangzhou Railway Station (城站) by Hangzhou Metro. I walked along South Jian Guo Road from Hangzhou Railway Station (城站) and stopped at Ershao (二烧) to have my lunch!

The indoor designs here were mainly made of wood! It looked so traditional!


Because I arrived here already at 14:00, off-peak time, here were not many customers.


The signature here were shumai (烧卖) and various kinds of wontons.



I ordered a bowl of egg yolk wonton soup (蛋黄小馄饨) at 8 CNY (= 1.12 USD) and a steamer of bamboo shoot shumai (笋尖烧卖) also at 8 CNY (= 1.12 USD). The lunch here cost me 16 CNY (= 2.24 USD).


Soon my egg yolk wonton soup (蛋黄小馄饨) was served!


The stuffing of the wonton based on pork. The salty egg yolk inside made the wonton so unique. The whole wonton here tasted very good!


Its soup seemed slightly light for me. With some salty chopped scallions, the soup tasted better.


After a while, my bamboo shoot shumai was also served.


Here were 6 bamboo shoot shumai in a steamer.


The wrapper of shumai here was pretty thin. I carefully picked up the shumai by chopsticks to avoid breaking its wrapper.


The shumai here was so juicy that using a spoon could help me a lot!


The shumai here was juicy and tasty, and the texture of bamboo shoot inside was also grainy and good!


The shumai tasted also very good with the spicy sauce.


Personally speaking, the prices at Ershao (二烧) were reasonable. Its egg yolk shumai and bamboo shoot shumai were also locally unique! Its portion was also satisfying! It was also a good place for a single tourist to dine alone!


Map Information



Business Hours:07:00 - 20:00
TEL:+86 15167105505

留言