Tamsui Agei (淡水老牌阿給), One of the Locals' Favorites in Tamsui, New Taipei, Taiwan!


On Jan. 29, 2019, my friend and I visited Tamsui, New Taipei, Taiwan during the free period of Danhai Light Rail (淡海輕軌). At noon, we went to the famous restaurant, Tamsui Agei (淡水老牌阿給), for lunch.

Tamsui Agei (淡水老牌阿給) is a little far away from MRT Tamsui Station and Tamsui Wharf. There were less tourists in the area.


My friend and I ordered 2 bowls of agei (阿給) and 1 bowl of fish ball soup. The price of agei (阿給) was 40 TWD (= 1.3 USD), and the price of fish ball soup was 30 TWD (= 0.97 USD).


I ordered a bowl of agei with a little spicy flavor and a bowl of fish ball soup.


The fish ball was nice and a little chewy. And the soup tasted even better with a little white pepper powder!


Agei (阿給) was the traditional food in Tamsui. It consisted of a piece of fried tofu stuffed with marinated or cooked glass noodles and sealed with surimi. And then agei (阿給) was steamed to serve.


My agei (阿給) looked quite big and thick. And the sauce on it tasted sweet and spicy! It was very appetizing!


After ripping my agei (阿給), I tried the glass noodles inside with the agei sauce outside. It was really amazing!

Not only the agei (阿給) here tasted delicious, but also it made me really full! Personally speaking, it was a very affordable local speciality in Tamsui, New Taipei, Taiwan!


Map Information



Business Hours:05:00 - 14:00 (Closed on Mondays)
TEL:+8862 2621 1785

留言