Kao's Fried Fresh Squid (高記生炒魷魚), the Very Popular Local Speciality at Fair Prices in Banqiao, New Taipei, Taiwan


On Jun. 21, 2018, I detoured on purpose to Huangshi Market in Banqiao, New Taipei, Taiwan at noon to enjoy my lunch at the famous food stand, Kao's Fried Fresh Squid (高記生炒魷魚).

Although I did say it was noon, I tried to avoid the peak hours for lunch. Therefore I arrived here at 11:30.



The menu here was really simple! There were only two options: fried fresh squid and fried platter (turnip cake, sticky rice sausage and taro cake) both at 45 TWD (= 1.47 USD).


I tried the fried fresh squid at first! The chunked squid was really large. And the soup tasted a little spicy with sweet and sour taste. It was great!


The fried platter was also quite large! The topping was taro cake, and the bottom was turnip cake. The sliced ones on side was sticky rice sausage!


I tried the topping, fried taro cake, firstly. The outside tasted crispy, and the inside tasted full of the aroma of taro!


The next one was sticky rice sausage! I also like it much. And the sticky rice sausage only cost me 10 TWD(= 0.33 USD). It was not only delicious but also affordable!


But of the three, the one I loved its fried turnip cake the most! It tasted different from the Hong Kongese turnip cake -- there was no cured inside its turnip cake! Its fried turnip cake tasted not only crispy outside but also fine inside! And it only cost me 20 TWD (0.66 USD) and made me so full!


There was also the home-made spicy sauce on side. Dipping the special sauce made the fried platter differ from the original flavor!


I had to admit Kao's Fried Fresh Squid (高記生炒魷魚) was really popular here! I just started enjoy my lunch and found out that the customers waiting for seats were more and more!

Frankly speaking, the food at Kao's Fried Fresh Squid (高記生炒魷魚) was impeccable! That was really a bargain at that price! But here was no air conditioner, so it would be better to visit Kao's Fried Fresh Squid (高記生炒魷魚) in winters!


Map Information


Opening Hours:08:00 - 17:30 (週一公休)
TEL:+8862 2960 3503

留言