CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋), the Superb Niboshi Ramen at a Fair Price in Aomori, Japan!

(中文版:中華蕎麥Hirako屋(ひらこ屋),日本青森平價美味的煮干拉麵!)

On Apr. 25, 2018, my friend and I went to Hirosaki Park in Aomori, Japan to enjoy the grand and gorgeous cherry blossoms in the morning. And then we left for JR Tsugaru-Shinjo Station from JR Hirosaki that afternoon. We heard that here was a restaurant serving the superb niboshi ramen at a reasonable price near this station. We decided to get off the train here.

JR Tsugaru-Shinjo Station
Only we, 2 foreigners, got off the train at JR Tsugaru-Shinjo Station. I almost thought I got off the train at the wrong station!

The station where only my friend and I got off the train
And then we pulled our luggage and walked uphill in the drizzling rain to our destination today, CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋).

CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋) 
Because we started from Hirosaki, Aomori late, we arrived at CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋) already after 14:00. Although it was off-peak, customers still kept coming one after another, but queueing was not necessary.

It was off-peak
The servings of restaurant were quite simple. Its signature was just niboshi ramen. ("Niboshi" means dried small sardines) The options were w/o pork bone broth and w/o lard. My friend and I would both like to enjoy only the niboshi ramen! It only cost us 600 JPY(= 5.5 USD) separately!

Menu @ CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋) 
I additionally ordered one soft-boiled egg at 100 JPY(= 0.92 USD) because the introduction about its soft-boiled egg on the other side of the menu seemed attractive for me!

Menu @ CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋)
After a while, our niboshi ramen were ready!

Niboshi Ramen + Soft-Boiled Egg @ CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋)
The aroma of dried small sardines made me mouthwatering. And the size of ramen was satisfying but only at 700 JPY (= 6.42 USD). I thought what I got was more than what I paid!

Niboshi Ramen + Soft-Boiled Egg @ CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋)
The BBQ pork was a little lean but quite good with the aroma of dried small sardines! It tasted light and not oily!

Niboshi Ramen + Soft-Boiled Egg @ CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋)
The noodles were home-made, and the amount was quite enough for a male adult! The noodles were also quite matched the soup of niboshi ramen!

Soft-Boiled Egg @ CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋)
The soft-boiled egg I additionally ordered was a masterpiece! The partially liquid yolk inside the solidified egg white tasted luscious!

Niboshi Ramen + Soft-Boiled Egg @ CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋)
After we enjoyed the ramen, we were satisfied both physically and mentally. And It only cost me 700 JPY! What a bargain!

Niboshi Ramen + Soft-Boiled Egg @ CyukaSoba Hirakoya(中華そば ひらこ屋)
Although it was located in the suburb of Aomori, I thought our visit was worthy!

The way back to JR Tsugaru-Shinjo Station
After we finished our ramen, we were really satisfied! We walked to JR Tsugaru-Shinjo Station and took a photo on the way back to the station. And we went to our final destination that day, Aomori Downtown!

Map Information


Opening Hours:10:30 - 21:00 (Closed on Tuesdays)
Tel:+81 17-787-0057

留言