Fukagawakamashou(深川釜匠), Tokyo's Traditional Gourmet since Japan's Edo Period!


On Feb. 18, 2017, my friend and I came to Fukagawakamashou(深川釜匠) for lunch after enjoying the exquisite coffee at Blue Bottle Coffee Kiyosumi! Luckily, the two spots were not between a long distance!

Fukagawakamashou(深川釜匠)
Fukagawakamashou(深川釜匠) is a famous restaurant for its Fukagawa-Meshi and Fukagawa-Donburi and also popular with locals in the area!

It took our a little time to queue that day!
The report about Fukagawakamashou(深川釜匠)
The history of Fukagawa-Meshi
Fukagawa-Meshi was initially a quick meal for the fishermen here during a work break. It was a bowl of rice topped with asari clams and green onions.

The interior design of Fukagawakamashou(深川釜匠)
We saw lots of senior citizens dining here. I thought probably the restaurant kept the traditional taste since Japan's Edo Period well. That could be one of the reason why the elderly people loved the restaurant!

Menu in English and Japanese
The menus here are all provided in Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean. Don't worry about it!

The side dish 
The side dish looked good, but I didn't try it.


Fukagawa-Donburi-1

I ordered Fukagawa-Donburi! It looked so mouthwatering! My donburi was topped with many arasi clams, green onion and one egg! The clam soup tasted so fresh and made the rice and other ingredients mixed perfectly!

Fukagawa-Donburi-2 
I strongly recommend this! It's definitely worth your try! Please don't miss Tokyo's traditional local cuisine when visiting Tokyo, Japan!

Fukagawa-Meshi
My friend ordered Fukagawa-Meshi. I tried a little of his Fukagawa-Meshi. I thought they were both delectable, but I preferred Fukagawa-Donburi to Fukagawa-Meshi!

After the superb traditional Edo gourmet, we went to Otemachi Station by Tokyo Subway in order to visit Tokyo Imperial Palace!

The Map

留言