Shiomachikan(塩町館), a High-Quality Handmade Soba Noodle Restaurant in Ibaraki, Japan


On Jun. 19, 2016, after my friend and I drove to the beautiful seafront station, Hitachi Station, we planned to Hitachi Aki Soba, try one of the specialties in Ibaraki, Japan. We found a highly-rated soba noodle restaurantm, Shiomachikan (塩町館), and it deviated little from the our main route from Hitachi Station to Mito in Ibaraki.

Shiomachikan (塩町館) in Hitachiota, Ibaraki, Japan
The front door of Shiomachikan (塩町館)
The attractions are distant from each other in Ibaraki, Japan. We drove 40 minutes to Hitachiota from Hitachi Station then.

I had to admit that the restaurant was hidden well. I once doubted that I went to the wrong place. I thought I had driven to the residential area without any restaurants.

But the navigation was correct. We arrived at the soba restaurant successfully. It was at 19:30!

Shiomachikan's interior design in Hitachiota, Ibaraki, Japan
The indoor decorations
The building was a bank previously and renovated as a soba noodle restaurant. The style of interior design was traditionally Japanese.

By the way, to protect this architecture from damaging, please take off your shoes when entering.

Shiomachikan's menu in Hitachiota, Ibaraki, Japan
Shiomachikan's menu
Official Website: http://www.jikyuan.co.jp/shiomachi_oshinagaki.html
The restaurant only provided its menu in Japanese. I was hesitating to decide which one I'd like to order, original soba noodles or soba noodles with duck soup. Both sounded attractive, but I only had one stomach!

Shiomachikan's soba noodles in Hitachiota, Ibaraki, Japan
Original Soba Noodles
Eventually I made the decision to order the original soba noodles because I wanted to try the pure Hitachi Aki Soba!

This restaurant emphasizes handmade soba noodles!

The soba noodles not only tasted al dente but also smelled a faint scene of soba. Dipping some bonito sauce made the dish of soba noodles closed to a masterpiece!

After finishing my soba noodles, I poured the water which was for cooking soba noodles into the bonito sauce. I turned my sauce into delicious soup! That was an excellent design! And the I liked the soup so much! 

Summer is an exact soba noodle season! By the way, Japanese People also traditionally enjoy soba noodles to celebrate the new year!

After the delicious handmade soba noodles, we drove back to the hotel we stayed that day in Mito, Ibaraki, Japan. The next day we were going to visit Kairakuen Garden, one of the most famous three gardens in Japan!

留言