The Gnocchi Booth Serving the Tasty Gnocchi Soup with Many Mushrooms on Minben Street, Xinzhuang, New Taipei, Taiwan!


In the evening of Apr. 27, 2020, I decided to buy dinner in Xinzhuang, New Taipei, Taiwan. Therefore, I rode my motorbike to Minben Street (民本街), Xinzhuang.

Here was a very popular gnocchi (麵疙瘩) booth with local residents. The customers came here one after another during lunch and dinner time


I'd like to take out 2 bowls of gnocchi soup (麵疙瘩). A bowl of gnocchi soup cost me 70 TWD (= 2.33 USD). Customers could additionally order the shiitake mushroom pork balls or eggs. The extra add-on cost me 10 TWD (= 0.33 USD) each.


After placing my order, I could see the chef professionally tearing the dough into thick pieces of gnocchi and then put them into the boiling water.


Besides takeout, here was the dining area for customers.


I removed the lid to enjoy the gnocchi soup after I was back!


Its soup tasted fresh and good with the aroma of fried shallots. The stir-fried shiitake mushrooms made the soup more good-smelling! With some white pepper powder, the soup became more fantastic!


The gnocchi were thick and al dente. They were matched with the soup very well!


There was much shredded pork in the gnocchi soup. The texture of shredded pork was quite smooth and tender!


I additionally ordered the shiitake mushroom pork ball (香菇貢丸). The texture of pork balls was slightly firm and al dente. It had some shiitake mushroom aroma. The combination of pork balls and mushroom soup was so perfect!


The egg I additionally ordered was the poached egg. The egg yolk was still runny. I really loved it so much!

The gnocchi soup on Minben Street is full of the aroma of shiitake mushrooms and fried shallots. The gnocchi soup with the thick and al dente gnocchi is absolutely worth a try in Xinzhuang, New Taipei, Taiwan!


Map Information


Business Hours:11:00 - 20:30 (Closed on Sundays)
TEL:+886 910 801 901

留言