Sushitama (すし玉), the Conveyor Belt Sushi Restaurant Serving Fresh and Fantastic Sushi in Toyama, Japan!


On Jan. 7, 2020, after I walked around Kansui Park, Toyama, Japan in the afternoon, I enjoyed some coffee at the Starbucks inside the park. At dinner time, I took the bus to Kakeo-Cho, Toyama to visit the main restaurant of Sushitama (廻る富山湾 すし玉) there!



In fact, there was a branch of Sushitama (廻る富山湾 すし玉) at Toyama Station. The branch was better to access, but I still decided to visit the main restaurant by bus because I'd like to go shopping at the Don Quijote supermarket nearby.


Moreover, its main restaurant could probably have some special dishes or offers. It was not easy for me to visit Toyama, Japan, so I thought its head quarters was worth visiting!


Here were not only bar seats but also table seats. I dined here alone, so I had a bar seat.



The servant gave me a menu in Japanese after I had my seat.


The dishes with different colors meant different prices.


Besides nigiri sushi, it also served the sushi roll and other Japanese dishes.


Customers could asked for a menu in English if necessary.



The options on the English menu looked less than the Japanese menu. But the photos were included in the English menu.



On weekdays, the miso soup here was free!


Here were full of shrimp heads in the miso soup!



Both small and large shrimp heads were included.



The miso soup based on the shrimp heads tasted pretty fresh and delicious! My mouth seemed filled with the freshness from sea!



The miso soup, including the shrimp heads, was infinitely supplied to customers for free on weekdays!

Yellowtail sushi (ふくらぎ) at 150 JPY (= 1.35 USD)
At first, I'd like to a budget and appetizing dish of yellowtail sushi (ふくらぎ). The fat in yellowtail stroke a balance. The sushi tasted quite good!

Three bright fish sushi (光り物三種盛り) at 350 JPY (= 3.14 USD)
Next, I ordered the three bright fish sushi (光り物三種盛り). The dish consisted of halfbeak (サヨリ), sardine (イワシ) and horse mackerel (アジ) sushi. The 3 kinds of fishes looked bright with light colors. They all tasted fresh and great!

Three kinds of yellowtails (おぶり三種盛り) at 500 JPY (= 4.48 USD)
And then I ordered the three kinds of yellowtails (おぶり三種盛り). The dish was made up of grilled yellowtail (ブリ), salmon (サーモン) and tuna belly (サストロ) sushi. The grilled fish with the sauce smelled mouth-watering. Although their flavors were relatively rich and heavy, the sushi were still so fantastic!

Sardine Sushi (イワシ) at 200 JPY (= 1.79 USD)
I loved the sardine sushi so much, so I ordered a dish of sardine sushi (イワシ). The sardines with moderate fat became fresher and tastier with the sushi rice!

Hokkai (北海) at 500 JPY (= 4.48 USD)
The next dish was the hokkai (北海) sushi. The toppings on the sushi rice were sea urchin (ウニ), salmon roe (いくら) and scallops (小柱). The toppings were so luxurious that the price of the dish was higher. Although the dish was expensive, the quality was still worth my money!

Grilled yellowtail sushi with salt (ぶりかま) at 200 JPY (= 1.79 USD)
Here were also some rare sushi, like the grilled yellowtail sushi with salt (ぶりかま). With some smashed turnip, it tasted quite good!

Three morning-fishing sushi  (朝捕れ三種盛り) at 500 JPY (= 4.48 USD)
And then I ordered the three morning-fishing sushi  (朝捕れ三種盛り). The name meant the fish were caught in the morning! The sushi dish consisted of halibut (ヒラメ), thread-sail filefish (カワハギ) and red seabream (マダイ) sushi. Their texture was fine, and their taste was light. The sushi still were very fresh and tasty!

Minced Tuna Sushi with Scallions (ねぎトロ) at 300 JPY (= 2.69 USD)
And then I ordered the minced tuna sushi with scallions. The minced tuna on the sushi rice was so much! With the soy sauce and scallions, the sushi was so scrumptious!

Homemade mackerel sushi (自家製浅〆のさば) at 150 JPY (= 1.35 USD)
After that, I took a look at the menu again. I discovered one of the affordable dishes of sushi was recommended, homemade mackerel sushi (自家製浅〆のさば), but the mackerel fish was too sour for me.


At last, I saw Sushitama's signature on the conveyor belt, so I decided to ordered it as the ending of the wonderful and abundant dinner this evening!

Sushitama's signature (おすすめ三種) at 500 JPY (= 4.48 USD)
The 3 kinds of sushi were red seabream (マダイ), horse mackerel (アジ) and blackthroat seaperch (のどぐろ) sushi. Every slice of sashimi was the fantastic and fresh! They were almost flawless! Especially blackthroat seaperch (のどぐろ) was Toyama's local speciality. Exactly, choosing this dish of sushi as the end of the rich and fantastic dinner was so perfect!


After enjoying the super fresh and delicious sushi, I had to pay the bill. By the way, credit cards were acceptable here!

The abundant dinner cost me 3,685 JPY (= 33.02 USD) including VAT. I was so lucky that I could enjoy the high-quality sushi at the reasonable prices. The enjoyment was too hard to forget!


Map Information


Business Hours:11:00 - 21:30
Official Website:http://www.sushitama.com/
TEL:+81 76-491-1897

留言