Sitar (シタール), the Excellent and Popular Indian Restaurant with Locals in Chiba, Japan!


At noon of Aug. 3, 2019, my friend and I got to Kemigawa Station, Chiba, Japan. The place was pretty quiet, like residential area, but here was a very popular Indian restaurant, Sitar (シタール).

Here were lots of customers at Sitar (シタール).


Therefore, we just wrote down my name on the waiting list.


Luckily, here was a waiting room for rest next to the restaurant.


We could avoid the hot summer outside when staying in the waiting room with air condition.


The customers here were mostly Japanese. It seemed that we were the only 2 foreigners here!



We just played the mobile game FGO and watch some videos to kill time.


We also took a look at the menu to find what we'd like to order.


Besides dine-in service, customer could took the bento out here.


After carefully considering, I ordered a tandoori lunch set (タンドリーランチセット) at 1,360 JPY (= 12.38 USD).



After an hour, we could have our seats!


Here was a lucky draw after being seated. I won a candy, and my friend won a 50-JPY coupon!


All seats here were occupied.


The clothes of servants looked quite Indian!


The indoor decorations were also quite Indian!


My friend additionally ordered a cup of beverage and a dish of roasted chicken.


The roasted chicken was not only mouth-watering but also good-smelling!


Here were the rolls which seemed to be made of ground meat and vegetables.


But I didn't try them, so I had no idea about the taste actually.


Here was a bottle of wild black honey at Sitar (シタール).


It also served pickled onions and mangos.


After a long while, my tandoori lunch set (タンドリーランチセット) was served.


Tandoori Lunch Set (タンドリーランチセット) looked not only colorful but also scrumptious!


The curry I chose was butter chicken. It smelled full of butter aroma!


The rice I chose was Indian rice. With the sauce of butter chicken, it tasted so great!


The chicken in the sauce tasted quite tender and juicy!


Beside the Indian rice, the naan also tasted great with butter chicken sauce!



The red tandoori chicken also smelled mouth-watering. It was too delicious to forget!


The golden and slightly burnt baked naan was a little crispy outside and fluffy inside!


Besides the salty food, some sweet things were also matched with the naan.


The naan also tasted very good with pickled mango or wild black honey!


After I finished the main course, my dessert was served!


The dessert here was the fluffy mango pudding. It was full of mango aroma!


Besides Indian foods, here were so many Indian species, sauces and cans sold here.


It's hard for me to imagine that a popular restaurant, Sitar (シタール), serving so amazing Indian foods is hidden in Chiba's residential area! But it may take customers too much time to queue. Queueing here with something that can kill time is a smart option.


Map Information


Business Hours:11:30 - 21:00
Official Website:https://sitar.co.jp/
TEL:+81 43-271-0581

留言