Rob Wigboldus Fishmonger, Serving the Delicious Traditional Dutch Food, Broodje Haring, in Amsterdam, Netherlands!


In the morning of Dec. 9, 2019, I visited the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, Netherlands. After that, I took the tram to Dam Station and then walked to the restaurant, Rob Wigboldus Fishmonger, for lunch!

Of course, I visited here for the typical Dutch food, soused herring (Hollandse Nieuwe)!


Its poster at the entrance showed customers that soused herring (Hollandse Nieuwe) was the traditional Dutch food!


Rob Wigboldus Fishmonger served various fish cuisines, especially the pickled fish and deep fried fish.


At first, I'd like to try the Dutch soused herring (Hollandse Maatjes Haring). The "Dutch (Hollandse)" seemed typical and classic!


I ordered the soused herring sandwich (broodje haring) at 3.5 EUR (= 118 TWD).


The soused herring was put in the slightly firm breads. The sliced pickled cucumber and onion were topped on the herring.


The slightly salty soused herring in the firm bread with sour pickled cucumber and fresh onion stroke a gustatively perfect equilibrium! It was so impeccable!


Because the 1st herring sandwich (broodje haring) was so tasty and satisfying, I'd like to order one more fish sandwich! But this time, I ordered the other kind of fish dishes, rollmops (rolmops).


The rollmop sandwich cost me only 2.5 EUR (= 84 TWD)!


The rollmops were pickled with mainly vinegar. Its herring fillet tasted sour.


But the sour fish with pickles, onion and bread still tasted a little sweet and also pretty good!

But personally speaking, I preferred the 1st one, Hollandse Maatjes Haring, to the 2nd one, Rolmops! The reason was I loved savory taste more!

After enjoying the scrumptious and satisfying traditional Dutch herring sandwich (Broodje Haring), I got on the tram to Rijksmuseum!


Map Information


Business Hours:08:00 - 17:00
TEL:+31 20 626 3388

留言