Words Worth (ワーズワース), Serving the Al Dente and Heavenly Pasta in Sawara, Chiba, Japan!


On Aug. 4, 2019, my friend and I started form the Toyoko Inn near Narita Airport, Chiba, Japan in the morning. We arrived in Downtown Sawara at noon. Initially, we planned to have the famous grilled eel rice for lunch. Unfortunately, there were too many people queueing at its entrance. Therefore, we decided to walk around Downtown Sawara and sought for our lunch.


After walking around Sawara, we found a popular pasta restaurant, Words Worth (ワーズワース). Its seats seemed always all occupied. Thus, our final decision was to dine at Words Worth (ワーズワース)!


The customers here seemed all Japanese, no foreign tourists.


We waited for the seats available indoors.


I took a look at the Parma Ham. It seemed that the meal here was worth my expectation.


Its menu was written only in Japanese, but I could understand some basic Japanese vocabularies.


At last, I ordered a dish of the salted seafood pasta (シーフードの塩味パスタ) with extra spaghetti at 1,050 JPY (= 9.76 USD). The VAT was not included yet.


After having our seats and placing our orders, I drank lots of iced water because it was really hot outdoors.


At this moment, I noticed that the indoor designs of Words Worth (ワーズワース) were based on this historic house. The mixed style was Japanese and Western half and half.


Moreover, the desserts here were various, but I didn't ordered anything sweet this time.


After a long while, my salted seafood pasta was served!


The seafood consisted of the scallops, shrimps, squid and crab. The seafood portion was large enough.


The squid was fresh and slightly springy!


The crab meat here was not as the same as the crab stick made of surimi. It was the real crab!


The crab meat tasted uniquely salty and fresh. It was so fantastic!


The shrimp was not only large but also slightly firm and springy!


The scallops were also large and intact! I really loved it so much!


The spaghetti here was very al dente and obliviously firm inside! It would be the best spaghetti I had enjoyed recently!


Especially its salted sauce made the umami taste of seafood even more obvious! The salt and seafood were also perfectly matched with the aroma and texture of spaghetti!


At last, I attached the photo about my friend's sake ice cream at 350 JPY (= 3.25 USD). He said the sake ice cream was really nice!


Although having lunch at Words Worth (ワーズワース) was not in our initial schedule, it was exactly the accidental but heavenly lunch! Personally speaking, I loved its salted seafood pasta so much! Especially the combination of the al dente texture of spaghetti and the umami taste of seafood was impeccable!


Map Information


Business Hours:11:00 - 14:00;17:00 - 22:00
TEL:+81 478-50-0202

留言