Haling Bullfrog Noodles (哈灵牛蛙面), the Large, Special and Popular Bullfrog Noodles with Locals in Shanghai, China!


On Aug. 8, 2019, after I took a stroll at the Bund of Shanghai, China, it was the dinner time. I slowly walked along East Nanjing Road to Haling Bullfrog Noodles (哈灵牛蛙面) on North Guangxi Road.

Haling Bullfrog Noodles (哈灵牛蛙面) was the very popular noodle restaurant with local residents in Shanghai. Its signature was the extra large bullfrog noodles.



I only ordered a bowl of bullfrog noodles at 32 CNY (= 4.52 USD). I also planned to order its pork cutlets at first, but I eventually gave it up because I was worried about too much food.


Its seats were on the 2nd floor. I saw all seats here occupied by customers!


Here were so many customers that I had to have my seat and table with other customers.


After I had my seat, I put my number ticker on the table and waited for the servant.


After a long while, my bullfrog noodles were eventually served.


Its noodles were a little firm. Additionally, its noodles didn't became softer after a while in the sauce, but the noodles didn't absorb the sauce easily.


The mouthfeel of bullfrog was fresh and tender. The bullfrog was so matched with its sauce, but customers had to watch out the bullfrog bone.


The sauce here had heavy taste. It was pretty good with the noodles, but it tasted a little over salty without anything.

Personally speaking, the bullfrog noodles here were special and tasty, but the portion was too large to finish all. After I finished the bullfrog and half of noodles, I gave up the rest of noodles.


Map Information


Business Hours:0:00 - 24:00
TEL:+86 21-63222188

留言