Wu's Rice Bowl Cakes, the Affordable and Scrumptious Rice Bowl Cakes near Taipei Main Station, Taiwan!


In the afternoon of Jul. 30, 2019, I was at Taipei Main Station, Taiwan. I just thought of a famous rice bowl cake restaurant nearby, so I decided to visit the restaurant!



So, I walked to Wu's Rice Bowl Cakes (吳碗粿之家) north to Taipei Main Station. It had been established in Taipei, Taiwan since 1959. Besides the rice bowl cakes (碗粿), it also served Ba-wan (肉圓), milkfish ball soup (虱目魚丸湯) and Earl Grey milk tea.


Here was a menu with photos to help customers inside the restaurant.



I arrived at Wu's Rice Bowl Cakes at 16:30. The restaurant was going to close!



I just ordered one rice bowl cake at 40 TWD (= 1.28 USD). I planned to ordered a bowl of milkfish ball soup, but it was already sold out! Therefore I changed my mind and ordered  a cup of Earl Grey milk tea at 25 TWD (= 0.8 USD).



The rice bowl cakes here were in the ceramic bowls to keep warm.


My order was soon served!


At first, I tried the rice bowl cake without any sauce!


The texture of rice bowl cakes was nice! It tasted very good with a little rice aroma. Additionally, its inside was still hot! Its stuffing consisted of shiitake, pork and salty egg yolk!


Pouring the sauces here onto the rice bowl cake made it more delicious and impeccable! What a heavenly rice bowl cake!


Its Earl Grey also tasted very good. The aromas of tea and bergamot were both significant!


After I finished my dinner here, the restaurant was going to close! I decided to go window-shopping in Taipei City Mall nearby.


I planned to ride the city shared bike, Youbike, to my next destination after slight digestion!


Map Information


Business Hours:07:00 - 17:00 (Closed on Mondays)
TEL:+8862 2550 0901

留言