Tempura Hirao (天麩羅処ひらお), the Popular Tempura Restaurant with Locals Serving Fantastic Tempura at Reasonable Prices in Fukuoka, Japan


In the evening of Dec. 21, 2018, after I visited Toranoana Bookstore near Tenjin Station, Fukuoka, Japan, I walked to Tempura Hirao (天麩羅処ひらお) for dinner.

Tempura Hirao (天麩羅処ひらお) had lots of branches in Fukuoka. That day I visited its Daimyo Branch because it was even better to access by public transit.


There were many mouth-watering tempura sets on its menu. Finally, I ordered its preference set (お好み定食) at 880 JPY (= 8.13 USD).


I arrived here roughly at 20:00, but it still took some time to wait for my seat.


After having my seat, I kept waiting for my fresh-fried tempura!


During the waiting period, I tried its signature side dish, salted squid!


Its salted squid had some citrus aroma! Although it tasted a little salty, having it with hot rice was so perfect! I'd also like to order one more bowl of rice for its salted squid!


The tempura at Tempura Hirao (天麩羅処ひらお) was served one after another because all were fresh-fried! Its disadvantage was hard to take photos; it its advantage was easy to make sure tempura fresh and hot!


The first one was fish tempura. Its tempura here was fresh, hot and fantastic, but not too greasy!


The next ones were pork tempura and shrimp tempura. I heard that the pork tempura was Tempura Hirao's speciality. The local Kyushu pork with deep-fried and fragrant batter was impeccable!


The shrimp inside shrimp tempura was so fresh and matched with its fragrant batter! The shrimp tempura was so amazing! Moreover, its mashed radishes and special sauce made all tempura here even more delicious!


And then, the upcoming were 3 combos of vegetable tempura, pumpkin, eggplant and green pepper tempura. They tasted not too oily and had the unique freshness and crispiness of vegetables.


Tempura Hirao (天麩羅処ひらお) is pretty popular with local residents in Fukuoka, so it has several branches in Downtown Fukuoka. Additionally, there are always lots of customers queueing at those branches. Its main store is located near Fukuoka Airport!

I would recommend its branches good to access to you because its tempura are absolutely worth a try!


Map Information



Business Hours:10:30 - 21:00
Official Website:https://www.hirao-foods.net
TEL:+81 92-752-7900

留言