Chang's Clay Oven Rolls (老張炭烤燒餅), the Store Serving Crispy and Tasty Pepper Buns and Clay Oven Rolls in Nangang, Taipei, Taiwan


In the afternoon of Jul. 19, 2019, my friends and I came to Nangang, Taipei, Taiwan to try the clay oven roll store another friend had recommended to us. He told us that he bought the pepper buns here every time he came to Taiwan from the U.S.

Although I had been recommended then, I had just finished my lunch. It had been too full for me!


Therefore, we decided to try Chang's Clay Oven Rolls (老張炭烤燒餅) this day when we visited Nangang, Taipei.


The fresh and hot clay oven rolls looked mouth-watering!


The chefs were proficient at putting the pepper buns into bags


I bought a pepper bun (胡椒餅) at 40 TWD (= 1.29 USD), a green bean clay oven roll (綠豆燒餅) at 12 TWD (= 0.39 USD) and a sugar paste clay oven roll (糖膏燒餅) at 15 TWD (= 0.48 USD).


I tried its salty pepper bun at first!


The outside of pepper bun was baked and crispy with aroma, and the inside was full of pork stuffings. The stuffings were so juicy, and the flavor was slightly strong with aroma of peppers and spices. Personally speaking, I loved it so much!


Next I rinsed my mouth with some tea and tried the sweet clay oven rolls.



At first, I tried the green bean clay oven roll.


Its stuffing had the green bean aroma, but it was not too obvious. It was OK.


The next one was sugar paste clay oven roll.


But the clerk gave me a sesame clay oven roll. Although it tasted not bad, it was not what I ordered. I just talked to the clerk.


Thus, the clerk gave me a new sweet paste clay oven roll.


But actually, it was a sesame clay oven roll again! Because it was still not what I desired, I had to complain to the clerk again.


This time, I finally obtained my correct sugar paste clay oven roll!


The melted sugar paste inside was really matched with its crispy and tasty roll outside. The fresh and hot clay oven roll was so fantastic!


Surprisingly, I had lots of additional sesame clay oven rolls for free, but I still prefer sugar paste one to sesame one.

Personally speaking, I would strongly recommend its pepper buns. Its stuffings were so full and fragrant! Moreover, the sweet clay oven rolls here were also wonderful! My preference was the following, sugar paste > sesame > green bean.


Map Information


Business Hours:10:30 - 19:30 (Sat. & Sun.)
                             11:30 - 20:00 (Tue. ~ Fri.)
                             Closed on Mondays
TEL:+8862 2783 5591

留言