Chailiao Smoked Shark (柴寮鯊魚煙), the Time-Honored Restaurant for Over 100 Years at Dadaocheng, Taipei, Taiwan!


On Jul. 8, 2019, I went to Taipei, Taiwan to apply for my Chinese visa, but I forgot to bring my passport. So, I changed my plan and then moved to Dadaocheng, Taipei to enjoy smoked shark for dinner.

Chailiao Smoked Shark (柴寮鯊魚煙) is located near MRT Daqiaotou Station. It's a time-honored restaurant established for over 100 years!



It seemed that the restaurant began at this vendor.



But it was too painful to dine outdoors in summers in Taiwan!


Thus, I chose its indoor seats with air condition!



Here were smoked shark products, noodles and soup served at Chailiao Smoked Shark (柴寮鯊魚煙). I simply ordered a small assorted smoked shark platter at 100 TWD (= 3.22 USD) and a bowl of noodles at 30 TWD (= 0.97 USD).


Here were lots of sauces at its sauce area.



Soon my meal was served!


Initially, I tried the various-looking assorted smoked shark platter! The platter seemed to consist of shark skin, shark belly, shark meat and mola mola skin by my guess.


The smoked shark meat not only tasted so tender but also smelled so good! It was so fantastic!


The texture of mola mola skin was slightly chewy. It was a very special gourmet!


The shark skin looked partially black but also tasted slightly chewy. It was still very delicious!


Some fried shallots and bean sprouts were topped on the dry noodles. The noodles smelled so good!



I loved spicy flavor more! So I added some chili sauce onto the noodles!


After stirring them well, the noodles became fragrant and spicy. It tasted good!


In fact, that day most of the other customers looked very old at Chailiao Smoked Shark (柴寮鯊魚煙). I thought the flavor of this restaurant would probably be the familiar flavor since their childhood. After all, it was not easy to find a restaurant keeping operating for over 100 years!

Personally speaking, I would strongly recommend this time-honored and good smoked shark restaurant for over one century to you when stopping by Dadaocheng, Taipei, Taiwan!


Map Information


Business Hours:11:00 - 18:00 (Closed on Sundays)
TEL:+886 930 998 080

留言