Eitarou (英多朗), the Wonderful Trio of Curry, Udon and Rice in Kyoto, Japan!


In the evening of Feb. 16, 2019, I was in Downtown Kyoto, Japan. Because I had my lunch pretty late, I also postponed my dinner until 20:30.


I was undetermined about my dinner. My final answer was Eitarou (英多朗), an udon restaurant near Shijo and Karasuma Station.


Every seat in the restaurant was occupied. The customers here seemed all Japanese. However, I was probably the only foreign tourist!


Due to no seat available, I just took a look at its menu. I saw the udon and rice in curry soup at 860 JPY (= 7.93 USD) on its menu. It seemed Eitarou's signature. My decision was to order its udon and rice in curry soup!


There were also lots of dishes on its menu, but I couldn't finish all of them by myself.


After my decision, I just played the mobile game FGO to kill the time. After half an hour, I eventually had my seat!


After I took the seat and order my meal, my meal was served in 10 minutes


The soup had the aroma of curry, but it wasn't too sticky when I ate the soup. It tasted good and smooth. There was also some chicken in the soup.


The deep-fried tofu skin absorbed the curry soup. It tasted also great with curry aroma!


Its udon noodles was so al dente that I felt quite satisfied!


Besides its udon, there was rice soaked in the curry soup on the other side of the pot. The rice was matched with the curry soup very well!


Moreover, there was an egg topped on the soup. Its yolk was still runny. The orange runny yolk looked very very mouth-watering! It made the curry soup, udon and rice even more delicious!

Not only the meals at Eitarou (英多朗) were tasty, but also the price and portion were both consumer-friendly. I thought it would be the reason why Eitarou (英多朗) was so popular with local residents in Kyoto!


Map Information



Business Hours:11:00 - 14:30;17:00 - 22:00 (Mon. to Fri.)
                             11:00 - 14:30;17:00 - 21:00 (Sat.)
                             Closed on Sundays
Official Website:http://www.kyoto-eitaro.com/
TEL:+81 75-211-2239

留言