Dormy Inn Tsu (ドーミーイン津), the Amazing Hotel with Local Speciality, Grilled Eel Rice for Breakfast, next to Tsu Station, Mie, Japan!

(中文版:Dormy Inn 津,日本三重津市的絕佳住宿,早餐以當地美味的名產,鰻重為主)

On Feb. 18, 2019, I took Kintetsu Railway to Mie, Japan from Nara, Japan. I arrived in Tsu, Mie in the evening.


That evening I stayed at Dormy Inn Tsu, just next to Tsu Station. In fact, I had always loved to stay at Dormy Inn when traveling in Japan!


The hotel fee one night including breakfast was 7,490 JPY (= 69.14 USD). VAT was already included in the price.


I stayed in a double room alone. The room on the 7th floor was very spacious.


Its bed size was pretty good for a single guest.


Here were a toilet and a shower room, but no bathtub.


I could see the night view of Downtown Tsu after opening the window.


After unloading my luggage in my room, I went to Shiohama Station, Yokkaichi to enjoy the night view of giant factories there.


After I came back to Dormy Inn Tsu, it was the night food time. Dormy Inn always provided guests with a free bowl of soy sauce ramen from 21:30 to 23:00.


I just showed the servant my room key at the counter and ordered a bowl of ramen.


After getting my number ticket, I just had my seat and waited. Soon my soy sauce ramen was ready!


Dormy Inn's ramen tasted light and mild. It was not too oily but in smaller portion. The portion was enough for night food.


After my night food, I just took a short rest and enjoyed the hot spring in its public bath.


But it was not allowed to take photos in its public bath. The photo of public bath was from its official website. https://www.hotespa.net/hotels/tsu/


After relaxing in the hot spring, I went back to my room and slept in bed.


Sleeping in the room was very comfortable. It was going to rain the next morning.


I went to its restaurant for my breakfast. Dormy Inn Tsu's breakfast was buffet style. The cuisines here looked various. The buffet consisted of salad, fruits, desserts, fried food, fish, eggs, tofu, soup, etc.

Salad
Bread
Cake
Fruits
Soup
Eggs & Tofu
Egg & Fried Food
Fish
But of those courses, the most attractive course was, of course, the grilled eel rice, signature of Dormy Inn Tsu.


The grilled eel rice here had 3 methods to enjoy.



The first one was to try its original taste. I just directly ate the grilled eel rice. The grilled eel was very fragrant!



The second one was to eat with condiments. I just seasoned it with sliced scallions and nori.



It tasted more flavorful that its original.



The cuts of grilled eel were small and scattered in the rice. But they were so many!



The 3rd one was to add the hot tea after seasoning. The eel rice became eel chazuke!



Of three of them, I loved the 3rd one best!



It had the aroma of grilled eel. Moreover, it didn't tasted too oily even after I ate so much! Besides the seasonings, the aroma of tea also made this cuisine more delicious and flavorful!


Besides its main course, grilled eel rice, its other courses also tasted great! For example, its fresh-fried food was also very good!


The fresh-made fried chicken was so juicy!


Additionally, its crab croquette also tasted good!


Here was Ise's speciality, Ise udon noodles.


Ise udon noodles looked thicker, but its texture was softer. Although it tasted not bad with bonito flakes, kamaboko (蒲鉾) and soy sauce, but its texture disappointed me a little.


Actually Dormy Inn Tsu's breakfast was satisfying for me. I was so full that I could skip my lunch to my dinner.

After enjoying the heavenly breakfast, I just took rest in my room and then deposited my luggage when checking out.

It rained a lot outside. Luckily, I could deposit my luggage here. After that, I walked to Tsu Station and then took the train to Ise Grand Shrine.

After visiting Ise Grand Shrine, I just went back to Dormy Inn Tsu to get back my luggage. And then I headed to my next destination, Nabana No Sato (なばなの里).


Map Information



Business Hours:24 Hours
TEL:+81 59-213-5489

留言