Chong Xi Ramen (重熙老麵), the Unforgettably Scrumptious Chicken Ramen in Taipei, Taiwan!


On Jun. 22, 2019, my friends and I arrived at MRT Xiaonanmen Station, Taipei, Taiwan at 17:00. We were going to enjoy ramen for dinner. This time we chose Chong Xi Ramen (重熙老麵), the ramen restaurant with many good reviews!

We knew it was so famous and popular, so we queued here so early. Luckily, we were the 1st batch of customers!


Here were not many seats, only 6 seats inside the restaurant.


I ordered its rich chicken ramen at 220 TWD (= 7.1 USD). Customers could have free extra noodles, but it was necessary to order before ramen was served. Here were two options about noodle texture, normal or firmer. I'd like my noodles firmer. Besides the ramen, I ordered a side dish, sesame tofu at 60 TWD (= 1.94 USD).


The 1st dish was my side dish, sesame tofu.


The tofu in the dish was firmer than common tofu. The tofu with the fragrant sesame dressing and bonito flakes was a very appetizing side dish!


Next, it was the turn for the main course, rich chicken ramen. I tried its soup at first. The soup was full of chicken aroma and collagen.


The soft-boiled egg was also really good! Its egg yolk was just between liquid and solid state.


Its sliced sous vide chicken was so tender and fantastic!


Its noodles were the yellow curl noodles. The texture was a little firm and al dente. Personally speaking, the texture of noodles here was exactly what I love most!


Moreover, the crispy and fresh fried cabbage was also a nice topping!



After I tried its original taste, I added its recommendation, the fried minced garlic and sakura shrimp oil, into my ramen. The seasonings made the ramen full of not only chicken aroma but also seafood and garlic aroma!


The chili oil here was strongly recommended to the spicy food lovers!


Its chili oil here smell so good! Adding it into the bowl made the ramen delicious but different from the above two!


After finishing the ramen, I could see the painting of the historic site nearby, Xiaonanmen (小南門).
Xiaonanmen's old name was Chongximen (重熙門, Chongxi Gate), as the same as the name of ramen restaurant.


We all felt so satisfied with the rich chicken ramen at Chong Xi Ramen (重熙老麵). Personally speaking, the ramen here had 3 phases of deliciousness, and its side dish was also amazing! Although there was not many seats at Chong Xi Ramen (重熙老麵), it was worth your time queueing and enjoying carefully!


Map Information


Business Hours:12:00 - 14:30;17:30 - 21:30 (Closed on Sundays)
TEL:+8862 2371 8707

留言