On Lok Yun (ออนล๊อกหยุ่น), the Popular Time-Honored Breakfast Restaurant with Locals in Bangkok, Thailand


On Apr. 26, 2019, I woke up so early and then took Khlong Saen Saep Express Boat from Klong Tan Bridge to the western pier, Phanfa Bridge in Bangkok, Thailand. After that, I walked 15 minutes to On Lok Yun (ออนล๊อกหยุ่น) in Bangkok's Old Town.

I heard that On Lok Yun (ออนล๊อกหยุ่น) had been established in Bangkok for at least 80 years. Its breakfast was very popular with local residents in Bangkok!


I ordered On Lok Yun's top meal, one egg with ham and bacon at 50 THB (= 1.58 USD). Additionally, I ordered a dish of egg custard (kaya) bread at 28 THB (= 0.89 USD) and a cup of iced Thai milk tea at 25 THB (= 0.79 USD) to cool myself down.


There were menus in English and photos in On Lok Yun (ออนล๊อกหยุ่น). Worrying about not reading its menu was unnecessary.


Soon my breakfast appeared on my table!



The egg with ham and bacon tasted so great! But they were just slightly oily.


Personally speaking, I recommended its egg custard (kaya) bread the most!


The orange egg custard sauce was also called kaya here!


It was very tasty, especially with On Lok Yun's extremely soft bread! The bread was as soft as a cloud!


On Lok Yun (ออนล๊อกหยุ่น) was indeed the popular restaurant with locals in Bangkok for over 80 years! It was a shame that I had to get to BTS Victory Monument Station in a hurry. I couldn't enjoy my yummy breakfast slowly. But the Thai breakfast here was definitely worth a try!


Map Information



Business Hours:05:30 - 15:30
Official Fan Page:https://www.facebook.com/OnLokYunCafeBKK/
TEL:+66 2 223 9621

留言