Old Non-Commissioned Officers Ganmian (老士官擀麵), the Thick and Tasty Hand-Made Noodles in Qingshui, Taichung, Taiwan


On Apr. 24, I got on the train to the south so early at Shulin Station, New Taipei, Taiwan. I arrived at my destination, Qingshui Station, Taichung, Taiwan at noon. I did this for my 1st experience in going abroad via the airports in Taiwan except Taoyuan Airport (TPE). I had some time before my flight to Bangkok, Thailand from Taichung, Taiwan took off, so I decided to visit Old Non-Commissioned Officers Ganmian (老士官擀麵), the popular noodle restaurant with local residents in Qingshui, Taichung, for my lunch.

Its indoor decoration was the typical style of Taiwan's traditional noodle restaurant. Luckily, its sanitation looked good!



Because I had to head to Taichung Airport (RMQ) after here, I simply ordered a large bowl of ganmian (擀麵, hand-made noodles) at 50 TWD (= 1.59 USD) and a bowl of egg soup at 10 TWD (= 0.32 USD).


Soon my lunch appeared on my table!


The topping on the hand-made noodles, its special sauce and minced fried shallot, made the noodles smell very good!


And each of hand-made noodles had different thickness. That made the noodles have multiple textures. The noodles were also pretty matched with the sauce! Additionally, its portion was really enough for a male adult!


Adding some of its special chili sauce made the whole noodles more amazing!


Its egg soup was so affordable. Its egg yolk was still runny! I loved it so much! 

By the way, its owner was very kind! He asked me where I was going when seeing me pull a suitcase and telled me how to get on bus to Taichung Airport (RMQ) sooner!

Because I headed to Taichung Airport (RMQ) in a hurry to catch my flight to Bangkok, Thailand, I didn't have time to taste the noodles carefully. But I still thought the noodles at Old Non-Commissioned Officers Ganmian (老士官擀麵) was great! And its price was affordable and serving speed was high. That would probably be the reason why it had been so popular with locals in Qingshui, Taichung!


Map Information



Business Hours:8:00 - 13:30 (Tue. - Sat.);07:00 - 14:00 (Sun.);Closed on Mondays
TEL:+8864 2623 8730

留言