Menya Joroku (麺屋 丈六), the Extremely Delicious Saury Ramen near Namba Station, Osaka, Japan


On Feb. 14, 2019, I was planning to have omelette rice for lunch at noon in Osaka, Japan. Unfortunately, there were too many customers queueing. Therefore, I changed my initial plan and then visited Menya Joroku (麺屋 丈六) at Namba, Osaka at first!


The queue at noon was still acceptable for me. It didn't take over half an hour to have my seat!


Its menus were in Japanese, English and Chinese.




I decided to ordered a bowl of saury ramen with a soft-boiled egg at 850 JPY ( = 7.77 USD) and a dish of hayasushi at 150 JPY ( = 1.37 USD).


Hayasushi was the local speciality originated form Wakayama, Japan. It was the appetizer before ramen!


Its hayasushi was the mackerel sushi wrapped in bamboo leaves. It tasted a little sour but very appetizing!


After the appetizer, hayasushi, it was the turn of the main course, saury ramen!


The noodles here was thinner but quite matched with its soup!


The slim sliced pork tasted tender, not tough at all!


The soft-boiled egg was also great! It was not overcooked!


The base of soup was the chicken broth. With saury and dried sardine, the soup was rich with the aroma of fish! The soup also tasted very smooth!


The so satisfying ramen made me have the ramen one bite after another. Soon, I finished all!


Besides having ramen at Menya Joroku (麺屋 丈六), I also bought its ramen package before I left! But its flavor was Menya Joroku's signature, soy sauce ramen.


After I arrived in Taiwan, I followed its instruction and cooked the ramen.


I also added the soft-boiled egg made by myself.


Its soy sauce ramen also tasted very good!


Its noodles was thick, and its soup was soy sauce soup. The noodles was al dente. And the soup with the obvious aroma of soy sauce was good to drink!

Although the ramen at Menya Joroku (麺屋 丈六) were both very good, personally speaking, I loved saury ramen even more! I hoped that I would visited Menya Joroku (麺屋 丈六) soon!


Map Information



Business Hours:11:30-15:00;18:00-21:00 (Closed on Wednesdays)
Official Website:http://jouroku.blog.fc2.com/
TEL:+81 6-6643-6633

留言