Old Noodle Shop (老麵店), the Affordable Delicious Noodles Hidden in Old Town of Taipei, Taiwan!


On Apr. 8, 2019, I went to Songshan Airport, Taipei, Taiwan for something. After finishing my task, I'd like to have some noodles for lunch. Therefore I rode the Youbike, Taipei's shared public bike along Minsheng East Road to the old town of Taipei in order to visit Old Noodle Shop (老麵店) on Dihua Street.


I heard that Old Noodle Shop (老麵店) was established over 70 years ago in the alley of tranquil residences


I ordered a small bowl of dry noodles at 35 TWD (= 1.13 USD) and a small bowl of wonton soup 35 TWD (= 1.13 USD).


There were still lots of customers even a little after the peak lunch hour.


Its side dishes looked all mouth-watering. But I came here alone, so I decided not to order any side dish here to avoid wasting food.


Soon my order was served!


The dry noodles here was also called four-sauced noodles. The sauce consisted of sesame sauce, soybean paste, fried shallots&lard and brine. The ratio was exactly the golden ratio!


I slowly stirred the sauce and noodles and then carefully tried them!


Old Noodle Shop's four-sauced noodles tasted very good with the aroma of sesame sauce and soybean paste. They were matched very well! And the fried shallots & lard and brine made the noodles almost perfect! It was definitely time-honored gourmet with its golden ration!



Additionally, the wonton soup here also tasted smooth and yummy.



The outside of wonton looked small, but the inside of wonton was stuffed with fresh minced pork. It was exactly great with the awesome dry noodles!

I didn't have the chance to order additional luwei(滷味) this time. But next time, I would like to try its side dish, luwei(滷味) with my friends! 


Map Information



Business Hours:08:00 - 19:30 (Closed on Sundays)
TEL:+8862 2598 1388

留言