Higashiyama Bussan (東山物産), the Restaurant Specializing in the Extra Large and Delicious Grilled Eel Rice in Shima, Mie, Japan!


On Feb. 18, 2019, after visiting Abe Monju-In (安倍文殊院), Nara, Japan, I got on Kintetsu's train and played the mobile game, FGO, slowly to Ugata Station, Shima, Mie, Japan!


I started roughly at 13:30 and arrived already after 16:30. It was really a long journey for me, but I still visited here for the the extra large unadon (boxed grilled eel ice) at Higashiyama Bussan (東山物産)


So luckily, Higashiyama Bussan (東山物産) was not closed that day!


It was closed to 17:00, an hour to its last order!


There were not too many customers at peak-off time!



It took me some time to make a decision between Unaju Premium Set (極上鰻重) at 3,380 JPY (= 30.31 USD) and Unagi Set (うなぎ定食) at 3,680 JPY (= 33 USD). The former included of one more slice of grilled eel. The latter included the whole mouth-watering cuisine, eel omelette! Although it was so hard, I eventually decided to order Unaju Premium Set (極上鰻重)!


After a while, my Unaju Premium Set (極上鰻重) was served!


The eel omelette for me was so small. If you prefer the eel omelette to the grilled eel, Unagi Set (うなぎ定食) would be your better choice!



But the unaju (grilled eel rice) was the large portion without doubt! There were 5 big slices of grilled eels in the box! It was hard for me to focus on taking photos because of the overflowing aroma of grilled eels when opening the box!


It was my 1st time to see such a thick sliced grilled eel! The eels grilled with charcoal fire was not only so mouth-watering and fragrant but also without redundant fat!
 

The texture of outside was a little crispy, and the inside tasted so tender but not too greasy!


The hot Japanese rice with grilled eel sauce was so heavenly! I regretted I didn't order additional rice initially!


At last, I had the light eel liver soup as the end of the fabulous symphony of grilled eels.


The price I paid for the luxurious and scrumptious grilled eels was merely 3,380 JPY (= 30.31 USD) including the tax!


Although Higashiyama Bussan (東山物産) is pretty far away from the sightseeing spots for most of tourists, the heavenly Unaju Premium Set (極上鰻重) is absolutely worth all you pay!

But one more notice here is necessary! Besides the regular closed days, Higashiyama Bussan (東山物産) has irregular closed days. Checking with a phone call before starting would be a better option!


Map Information



Business Hours:10:00 - 19:00 (Closed on Tuesdays. Last Order:18:00)
TEL:+81 599-43-0539

留言