Mumu Udon (暮暮うどん), the Tasty Udon in Taipei, Taiwan!


On Jan. 2, 2019, after taking the new open Danhai Light Rail in New Taipei, Taiwan for free, all of a sudden, I'd like to have udon for my dinner. Therefore, I left for Downtown Taipei.


That day the udon restaurant I visited was Mumu Udon (暮暮うどん) near MRT Nanjing-Sanmin Station, Taipei, Taiwan. It was not located in the hot zone of restaurants in Taipei, Taiwan. Plus, it rained cats and dogs, so there were not too many customers then.



The indoor designs like Japan‘s izakaya restaurant made me feel pretty good!



After taking a looks at its menu, although there were both soup udon and dried udon served, I decided to order soup udon because it rained very heavily. My final decision was a medium bowl of soup udon with fried chicken at 200 TWD (= 6.48 USD).


Plus, I ordered an extra stewed tofu skin at 60 TWD (= 1.94 USD).



By the way, the time-limited character whose gacha rate was pick-up in FGO (Fate / Grand Order), the mobile game I had played, loved udon. Then I decided to roll the gacha for her. But sadly, I eventually didn't get her.


The udon noodles were really al dente! The bonito broth was mild and tasty. The scallion, kombu and the debris of tempura made the whole bowl udon even better! Moreover, the fresh and a little sweet tofu skin which absorbed the broth tasted also quite good!


And the golden and oily-looking fried chicken was also fantastic!



The juicy chicken thigh with thin and crispy but not too oily chicken skin made the dish of fried chicken almost impeccable!



Also, checking on my social network app helped me get a bowl of hot spring egg for free that day!

Although missing the character I wanted broke my heart, the deliciousness of udon warm my heart! The total price, 260 TWD (= 8.42 USD), was still acceptable for me!


Map Information



Opening Hours:17:30 - 23:00 (Closed on Mondays)
TEL:+8862 2767 2771

留言