Zhangchun Cold Noodles (張春涼麵), the Popular Cold Noodle Restaurant with Locals at Affordable Prices in Wanhua, Taipei, Taiwan


On Jul. 30, 2018, I rode my motorcycle to Zhangchun Cold Noodles (張春涼麵 a.k.a. 阿春媽媽涼麵店), the popular cold noodle restaurant in Wanhua, Taipei, Taiwan for breakfast in the morning. I parked my motorcycle across from the restaurant and saw lots of customers queueing there!

Fortunately, those guys queueing there were to go. Customers for here just directly walked into the restaurant!


It seemed that Zhangchun Cold Noodles (張春涼麵) was so popular with locals here that the length of queueing never shortened!



The area for here looked simple and crude. There were only electric fans here. It was too harsh for human beings to stay in Taipei, Taiwan without AC in summers!



But the prices here were really affordable! The breakfast only cost me 40 TWD (= 1.3 USD) for a large bowl of cold noodles and 15 TWD (= 0.49 USD) for a bowl of miso soup respectively!


Moreover, customers for here could enjoy unlimited miso soup!



The breakfast at 55 TWD (= 1.79 USD) made me really satisfied, at least with its size!


I poured the wasabi and spicy oil on my cold noodles and mixed them carefully, and then I started to enjoy my breakfast!

Its noodles looked thicker than ordinary ones at other cold noodle restaurants. Additionally, The noodles here tasted al dente! I was so amazed at the great noodles here dipped with wasabi, spicy oil and its special sesame sauce!


The miso soup also tasted not bad for me. It only cost me 15 TWD (= 0.49 USD), and I could have it unlimitedly. But compared to the miso soup I had enjoyed in Japan, the miso soup here seemed too light for me. Personally speaking, I loved Japanese miso soup more!

By the way, enjoying the soup here without AC at 35 degrees Celsius (= 95 Fahrenheit) outdoors really made me sweat like a pig. It would be better to enjoy the soup in winters!

Overall, I really recommend the cold noodles at Zhangchun Cold Noodles (張春涼麵) to you,  especially for those who love al dente and thick noodles! You shouldn't miss it!


Map Information


Opening Hours:08:30 - 14:00 (Closed on Tuesdays)
TEL:8862 2301 3417

留言