Edo Takoyaki (江戶章魚燒), the Food Booth Serving Tasty Takoyaki at a Reasonable Price in Chiayi, Taiwan!


In summer 2014, I had a sudden whim to take a trip to Southern Taiwan! My 1st stop was Chiayi, Taiwan!

I took a night bus to Chiayi, Taiwan from Taipei, Taiwan. Because it was so early that almost none of shops opened when I arrived in Chiayi. But I especially thanked my friend who studied at National Chung Cheng University, Chiayi, Taiwan. She had been my free tour guide for 2 days and moved to each sightseeing spot together in Chiayi!

But the food I was most impressed with was the takoyaki served by Edo Takoyaki (江戶章魚燒) near the roundabout in Chiayi!


I remembered that it only cost me 40 TWD (= 1.31 USD)! And the size of the tacoyaki was as twice as the ordinary one. And its inside was solid!

Even though it tasted different from the traditional Japanese takoyaki. The surface of the takoyaki here was more crispier. And there were also some soft stuffing like corn and octopus inside!  Personally speaking, I loved its texture so much!

By the way, the photo was taken by my iPhone 4s 4 years ago. I'm sorry that it looked blurry. Additionally, I'm not sure how much it is now and whether the quality still amazes me or not now!


Map Information


Opening Hours:18:00 - 23:00
Official Fan Page:https://tinyurl.com/y93dq75k
TEL:+886 932 589 116

留言