Pan's Cake, Serving the Yummy Pineapple Cake at a Fairly Reasonable Price in Banqiao, New Taipei, Taiwan!


In February 2018, after the Lunar New Year vacation, many shops and restaurant were gradually back to normal services. Of course, so Pan's Cake, the bakery I went to that day in Banqiao, New Taipei, Taiwan, did!



In fact, Pan's Cake was a very famous bakery. Additionally, it was the 1st day after its long off period, so the cumulative customers during the vacation all came here at the same day!


After almost 1-and-half-hour queueing, I finally entered Pan's Cake!


I came here mainly for the its pineapple cake with and without salty egg yolk! Its prices of pineapple cake with and without salty egg yolk was really affordable!
Pineapple Cake without Salty Egg Yolk:17 TWD (= 0.57 USD)
Pineapple Cake with Salty Egg Yolk:18 TWD (= 0.6 USD)


After long queueing, I finally bought them!
(Actually you don't need to spend so much time queueing like me if avoiding coming before or after the long vacations like the lunar new year or mid-autumn festival)

Pineapple Cake without Salty Egg Yolk
After I got back home, I started to make a cup of coffee and enjoy the pineapple cakes!


After trying the pineapple cakes with and without salty egg yolk, the skin of both was as fluffy as a cake but with a little crispy texture!

Personally speaking, I loved the one with salty egg yolk more! There were not only the sweet pineapple and wax gourd stuffing and salty egg yolk inside the pineapple cake, but also the exactly golden ratio of the salty egg yolk to the sweet stuffing! That was the reason I thought the one with salty egg yolk was more delicious!

Pineapple Cake with Salty Egg Yolk

I considered that Pan's Pineapple Cake with salty egg yolk was exactly the best pineapple cake at that price! The one only cost me 18 TWD (= 0.6 USD)! What a bargain!

I bought them without separately wrapping. The notice at Pan's Cake said the pineapple cakes would expire in 2 weeks!

But the one with separately wrapping was at 22 TWD (= 0.74 USD) but would expire in 4 weeks. It was really good for the tourist who would like to buy lots of them home!


Pan's Cake on Zhongzheng Rd.
Map Information


Opening Hours:08:00 - 20:00
TEL:+8862 2966 7721


Pan's Cake on Heping Rd.
Map Information


Opening Hours:08:00 - 22:00
TEL:+8862 2963 8879

留言