Osanai Shokudo (お食事処おさない), the Affordable Restaurant Serving Local Speciality in Aomori, Japan!

(中文版:Osanai食堂(お食事処おさない),日本青森車站前的平價美味食堂)

On Apr. 25, 2018, after visiting splendid but also delicate Nebuta House Warasse, my friend and I walked a stroll in Downtown Aomori. We went shopping at the local supermarket and department store until dinner time. After that, we went to Osanai Shokudo (お食事処おさない) across from JR Aomori Station for dinner.


There were lots of delicate food samples at its entrance. They helped those customers poor at speaking Japanese order easily!


After I took looks at those food samples, I considered that the No. 4, Scallop Baking Fermented Soybean Paste (ほたて貝焼みそ定食) looked quite special! And it was just at 1,100 JPY (= 10 USD) with some sea ​​urchins as toppings! I decided to order it!


Of course, it still had to take us some time to queue. Although it was almost 20:00, closed time, the customers here still occupied every seat in the restaurant!


After a whale, some seats were available! The combo sets looked quite good at fairly reasonable prices, but the combo set might be too much for me. Therefore, I kept my initial decision, the No. 4, Scallop Baking Fermented Soybean Paste (ほたて貝焼みそ定食) at 1,100 JPY (= 10 USD).


In fact, there were very many kinds of Japanese cuisines at Osanai Shokudo (お食事処おさない). Its menu consisted of lots of pages. And they all looked mouthwatering!


Because the restaurant was quite busy then, the waiting period for our dinners would be a little longer. But the only thing we planned to do in the evening in Aomori, Japan was to take a onsen (Japanese hot spring) bath! We were not in a hurry at all. I just sat here and play my mobile game Fate / Grand Order (FGO) during our waiting period.


After some time, my dinner, the No. 4, Scallop Baking Fermented Soybean Paste (ほたて貝焼みそ定食) was finally served!


Of course, the main course was the broiled scallops with miso. The topping was exactly the sea urchin! It was really great at only 1,100 JPY (= 10 USD)!


The scallops was diced into bite-sized pieces. The quantity of scallops was also satisfying!


The sea urchin and scallops were dipped the sauce with the aroma of miso and mixed with the smooth and rich egg. I topped them on the high-quality hot Japanese rice and put all of them into my mouth! What an amazing and luxurious enjoyment!

After our dinner, we walked to the rest area of Machinaka Hot Spring (まちなか温泉) and had seats. We stayed here to wait for digesting the satisfying dinner a little and then went to the hot spring for relaxing!

If I have the opportunity to visit Aomori, Japan again, I'll definitely go to Osanai Shokudo (お食事処おさない) and enjoy the local speciality for lunch or dinner!


Map Information


Opening Hours:11:00 - 14:00 ; 16:00 - 20:00 (Closed on Mondays)
TEL:+81 17-722-6834

留言