Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂), the Place Where You Can Enjoy Fresh and Yummy Seafood at Fair Prices!

(中文版:海人食堂,來品嘗日本沖繩平價美味的海鮮吧!)

On Sep. 8, 2017, my friends and I went to Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂) for lunch. Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂) was famous for its fresh and yummy seafood at reasonable prices. Therefore we couldn't help but order too many side dishes of seafood!

Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂) in Okinawa, Japan
Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂) in Okinawa, Japan
The sashimi and raw scallops only cost us just 300 JPY ea. (= 2.66 USD). That was a great deal!


Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂) in Okinawa, Japan
Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂) in Okinawa, Japan
This time we 4 guys ordered 2 sets of Uminchu donburi(海人丼), 1 set of cuttlefish ink curry with fried tuna cutlets and 1 set of fishermen's donburi(漁師丼).

Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂) in Okinawa, Japan
Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂) in Okinawa, Japan
Although Uminchu Shokudou's signature was Uminchu donburi at 1,100 JPY(9.77 USD), I thought it was just OK but not my preference when I visited here in May 2017 during my 1st time to visit Okinawa, Japan.

Uminchu donburi @ Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂)
Personally speaking, I thought the real highlight at Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂) was exactly fishermen's donburi(漁師丼)!

fishermen's donburi(漁師丼) @ Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂)
The introduction on the menu said that fishermen's donburi was local fishermen's meal. I thoght it was so special that I ordered fishermen's donburi. It roughly cost me 850 JPY (=7.55 USD).

I was so lucky that I hit the jackpot here!
沒想到中了大獎!

It was my first time to see that the sashimi was more than the rice in a bowl of donburi! The ratio was about 1.5:1. And it was also my time to see the meal I actually had was larger than I saw on the menu!

The lightly marinated tuna sashimi with soy sauce was perfectly matched with rice! I thought it was impeccable!

The cuttlefish ink curry with fried tuna cutlets @ Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂)
I also tried my friend's cuttlefish ink curry with fried tuna cutlets. It was also delicious! The fried tuna cutlets were crispy outside but tender inside. The cuttlefish ink curry was also mouth-watering! It was absolutely worth a try!

I think that the location of Uminchu Shokudou(海人 食堂) is so good that it's a good place to enjoy your brunch or lunch and take a break when heading to the north of Okinawa from the city center in the south.


Map Information


Opening Hours: 10:00 - 16:00

留言