Snow Museum, the Amazing Place in Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan


(中文版本:雪の美術館 (雪的美術館) 北海道旭川令人驚艷的景點!)

On May 15, 2016, the day after I went to the northernmost point of Japan, I went south to Asahikawa and stayed at a hotel near JR Asahikawa Station for one night. The next day, I had a happy breakfast at Matsuya and then took the free shuttle bus to Snow Museum!

*I'm not sure whether the free shuttle bus is still available or not. Please contact them to get their latest information before you go.
Official Website: http://yukibi.marryblossom.com/contacts/


Snow Museum's front door

I entered the museum and bought the entry ticket at JPY 700. The main exhibition was in its basement. Therefore I needed to went down the long spiral stairs! There was a wishing fountain with lots of coins at the end of the stairs.

The slightly splendid spiral stairs

The view from the bottom to the top

The wishing fountain

I saw the glass door with the snow crystal decorations as I got to the basement. I opened the door and stepped in the main part of the museum!


The glass door with snow crystal decorations
Here were gorgeous icefalls on the both sides of the corridor. The gorgeous icefall area was the reason why I liked this place so much!

The icefall corridor

The icefalls

After the icefall corridor, the next part was the snow crystal room! Here were countless snow crystal decorations in the room. Each snow crystal decoration was different from others!

The unrepeated snow crystal decorations-1
The unrepeated snow crystal decorations-2

The unrepeated snow crystal decorations-3

After I took a lot of photos, I went to the next room. It was the room with lots of knowledges about snow crystals. But unfortunately, only in Japanese! What a shame!

The room with knowledges about snow (Only in Japanese)

I was just back to the hall in the basement soon due to my poor Japanese. The hall was for the purpose of wedding! It was really a romantic place to hold a wedding! It seemed that the wedding venue could accommodate 200 people at maximum.

The wedding venue-1

The wedding venue-2
The Japanese bridal doll at the wedding venue

There were also a small souvenir shop and a cafeteria. But due to my itinerary, I just went shopping at the souvenir shop. And then I had to say good-bye to this beautiful attraction!

The souvenir shop 
The cafeteria

After Snow Museum, I took the free shuttle bus to JR Asahikawa Station. Luckily, I caught the train to Sapporo immediately! I was going to the most famous kaiten sushi restaurant in Hokkaido, Nemuro Hanamaru, for my lunch!


If you like snow and winter, as the same as me, you'll also love Snow Museum so much!  And your phone and camera's available storage will dramastically drop! I strongly recommend this place for snow and winter lovers!


The Map

留言