Delicious Tsukemen in Mito, Ibaraki, Japan -- Ichi No Kido (壱の木戸)

(中文版本:茨城水戶 好好吃的沾麵 壱の木戸 (壹之木戶))

On Jun. 20, 2016, I arrived in Mito City, Ibaraki, Japan, a city which was not a tourist hot spot.

Before that day, I took V Air's flight from Taipei to Ibaraki. (Note: V Air folded up in August, 2016.)

Because the discount of car rental, JPY 1,000 for first-day car rental, in Ibaraki Airport was only available in the first 24 hours when you rented your car. I decided to return the car which was no longer available for the discount.

I planned to rent another car at lower price. Unfortunately, The car-rental company I reserved was unwilling to let their cars be rented by foreigners.

It really let me down. Temporarily, without other choices, I only decided to walk to JR Mito Station for lunch at first. I heard that here was a great tsukemen (つけ麺) restaurant, Ichi No Kido (壱の木戸). I preferred to enjoy our lunch firstly and deal with the problem while waiting for my meal!

Of course, I ordered tsukemen as I got to one tsukemen restaurant!


Ichi No Kido's signature, tsukemen with one soft-boiled egg

I had to admit, the tsukemen here was really wonderful! The noodles were more al-dente than others. The sauce's ratio of pork broth and bonito was exactly golden! The noodles with the sauce were really a masterpiece!

There were also one soft-boiled egg and some BBQ pork in the sauce. The tsukemen was really rich!
The remaining sauce mixed with special broth became delicious soup!



After I finished the noodles, I poured the restaurant's special broth into my remaining sauce. They were mixed into one bowl of soup. The soup tasted really perfect!

Additionally, this tsukemen restaurant was so sweet! 

====================================================

Do you know how to use the stone in the above photo well?
Warning: please do NOT take the stone by hand when visiting! It's really hot! 

The main purpose of the hot stone is for the customers who finish their noodles. After they finish the noodles, the sauce mixed with the broth is not as hot as before. Customers can just put the stone into the bowl and have the soup reheated

That's really awesome! The mechanism makes every customer enjoy his/her perfect hot soup!

====================================================

After having the satisfying tsukemen, I also solved the car rental issue. That was great!

I just headed to next destination, Kinugawa Onsen to enjoy the hot spring in the evening!


Information:
つけめんTETSU 壱の木戸 水戸店
Address:茨城県 水戸市 宮町 1-7-31 水戸駅ビル エクセルみなみ 4F
TEL:+81-29-228-5007
Hours:11:00 ~ 22:00

留言