Nagao Chuuka Soba, the Must-Try Ramen in Aomori, Japan


(中文版本:日本青森必吃!長尾中華拉麵!)

On May 18, 2016, I arrived in Aomori in the morning from Hakodate by ferry. According to my observation in Aomori that day, Aomori seemed not to be a place which is the first choice for many foreign tourists. Therefore, I had to try my best to get some useful information in Japanese, although my Japanese was poor!

Aomori is a city closed to Tsugaru Strait and also a good harbour. That's the reason why the most popular and traditional ramen in Aomori is niboshi ramen. "Niboshi" means dried small sardines. The soup of niboshi ramen is cooked with dried small sardines.

I heard that Nagaochuukasoba(長尾中華そば) was the best ramen restaurant in Aomori. It indicated the necessity to try the ramen when visiting Aomori!

Nagao Chuuka Soba, the Ramen in Aomori, Japan
Nagaochuukasoba is just near Aomori Station!

I went to the Nagaochuukasoba near Aomori Station. Its location was really good to access! I ordered one bowl of niboshi ramen, Nagaochuukasoba's signature!

Nagao Chuuka Soba, the Must-Try Ramen in Aomori, Japan
Nagaochuukasoba's niboshi ramen, the best ramen in Aomori!

The pork was a little thin, but it was fine! I liked its soup the most! Its soup was totally different from the soup of Japanese ramen in Taiwan. It consisted of dried small sardines and soybean sauce, whereas the ramen soup in Taiwan was usually with pork bones or chicken bones. Its thick noodles also tasted al dente! For me, the niboshi ramen here was almost perfect!


Free Japanese rice at Nagao Chuuka Soba
Free Japanese rice!
Nagaochuukasoba's ramen was not only at reasonable price (JPY 550) but also very delicious! And here was free high-quality Japanese rice to eat! 

Please don't forget to go to Nagaochuukasoba for lunch or dinner when you're in Aomori, Japan!
Don't worry about the size of meal! The only thing you need to worry about is the size of your stomach! 



留言