Irori (いろり), Serving the Tasty Local Hida Beef Course in Shirakawago, Gifu, Japan!


On Jan. 8, 2020, I visited Shirakawago (白川鄉), Gifu, Japan. I expected the beautiful snow-capped thatched-roof houses in a snow white world, but actually I didn't see any snow that day!


The snowless scenes disappointed me a little. After walking a stroll in Shirakawago (白川鄉), I headed to the restaurant, Irori (いろり), for lunch.



The seats were all occupied when I arrived. I just wrote down my name on the waiting list and then waited outside.


I just took a look at the menu during my queueing period.



Irori (いろり) specialized in the local cuisine of Shirakawago (白川鄉).



The local cuisine here looked quite special!



After carefully considering, I decided to order the Hida beef broiled with miso set (飛騨牛朴葉みそ焼定食) at 1,650 JPY (= 15.03 USD).



After about 30 minutes, it was my turn!



Here were lots of Japanese seats at Irori (いろり).



Besides Japanese seats, here were also some chair seats.



This time my seat was the chair seat.



Because I visited here alone, I had my seat next to other customers around the heater.



Here were some unique decorations over the heater.



My Hida beef broiled with miso set (飛騨牛朴葉みそ焼定食) was soon served after I had my seat.



The main dish of the set was the pot covered by a lid and heated by the flame.


The servant noticed me that I had to enjoy the course after 5-minute heating.



After 5 minutes, I opened the pot, and the Hida beef smelled so mouth-watering! Besides the main ingredient, Hida beef, the pot contained the mushrooms, bean sprouts and miso.


The rice with the hot and tender Hida beef and miso sauce tasted perfect without doubt!



Sprinkling some Japanese pepper powder made the flavor more various!


Besides the main course, the abundant side dishes, like tofu and fish, were included in the set, too! They all tasted so good!


At last, I had a small bowl of soba noodle soup as a good ending. Of course, it was a fantastic lunch!


After finishing the lunch, I paid the bill. Cash, credit cards and mobile payment were all accepted here. It was so convenient!



After that, I left from the restaurant. It rained more and more heavily. Luckily, I had already visited the attractions here, so I directly headed to the bus terminal. And then I just waited for the bus to Kanazawa Station, Ishikawa, Japan there.


Map Information


Business Hours:10:00 - 14:00
Official Website:https://www.shirakawagou.jp/
TEL:+81 5769-6-1737

留言