My Experience in Seikan Ferry between Hokkaido and Aomori in Japan

(中文版本:關於青函渡輪往來青森和北海道,我的經驗分享

This article is to share my experience in Seikan Ferry(青函フェリー). If you want the information about the locations of ferry terminals, ferry fare and timetable, please click "Seikan Ferry, the Cheapest Way to Go Back and Forth between Aomori and Hokkaido in Japan".

My round-trip ferry ticket

========================================================================

(From Hakodate, Hokkaido to Aomori, Aomori)

On May 18, 2016, after I visited Kanamori Red Brick Warehouse, I walked 2.1 km to Seikan Ferry Terminal in Hakodate, Hokkaido from JR Goryokaku Station at midnight. It took me half an hour! There was no bus to the terminal.

Seikan Ferry's Terminal in Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan
Seikan Ferry's Terminal in Hakodate, Hokkaido at midnight
After I spent JPY 3,040 on the round-trip ferry ticket, I boarded the ferry. There were only a few passengers, probably less than 10.

The outside of Seikan Ferry from Hakodate, Hokkaido to Aomori in Japan
The outside of the ferry from Hakodate to Aomori-1 
The outside of Seikan Ferry from Hakodate, Hokkaido to Aomori in Japan
The outside of the ferry from Hakodate to Aomori-2
The inside of Seikan Ferry
The inside of the ferry. The vending machine sold instant noodles.
Frankly speaking, the ferry was like a cargo ship more. The equipment here looked primitive. Even I had to make a bed on the floor in the sleeping room. But it just cost me JPY 3,040 to go back and forth between Hakodate, Hokkaido and Aomori, Aomori. And there was also a shower room!


Sleeping room in Seikan Ferry
All passengers made a bed on the floor.
The sunrise
The beautiful sunrise near Aomori Harbour 
The reasons why I chose the late night ferry were because of not only saving my money on hotels but also the beautiful sunrise!

Seikan Ferry Terminal in Aomori
Seikan Ferry Terminal in Aomori
After 4-hour sailing, I finally arrived in Aomori! But it was a little far from Downtown Aomori, and no bus was available at 6:00. I decided to walk 30 minutes to Furukawa Fish Market in Downtown Aomori for breakfast and enjoy the fresh air on the way in the early morning!  

========================================================================

(From Aomori, Aomori to Hakodate, Hokkaido)

On May 19, 2016, after my one-day Aomori tour, I walked 30 minutes at midnight back to Seikan Ferry Terminal in Aomori from the sento (public bathing) near JR Shin-Aomori Station.

Seikan Ferry Terminal in Aomori at midnight
Seikan Ferry Terminal in Aomori at midnight

The other ferry company, Tsugaru Kaikyo Ferry, also operates the ferrys between Aomori and Hokkaido
The other ferry company, Tsugaru Kaikyo Ferry, also operates the ferries between Aomori and Hokkaido

The outside of the ferry from Aomori to Hakodate, Hokkaido in Japan
The outside of the ferry from Aomori to Hakodate

The inside of the ferry from Aomori to Hakodate
The inside of the ferry from Aomori to Hakodate
The ferry I took from Aomori to Hakodate looked better than the previous one. Although there was still no bed in the sleeping room, the decorations looked newer and I could know the information about the ferry!


The information about Seikan Ferry
The information about the ferry


The sleeping room
The sleeping room
Sleeping on the floor was not as hard as I had expected before. I slept very well twice! I felt asleep as soon as the ferry departed, and I woke up when the ferry arrived.



The sunrise near Hakodate Harbour
The beautiful sunrise near Hakodate Harbour
The Hakodate Harbour
The Hakodate Harbour-1
The Hakodate Harbour
The Hakodate Harbour-2
After 4-hour sailing, I arrived in Hakodate, Hokkaido at 6:00! My next destination was the famous Hakodate Morning Market for my breakfast!

留言