Smelly Boss Now Steamed Tofu (臭老闆現蒸臭豆腐), Taiwan's Delicious and Unique Food Recommended by Michelin Bib Gourmand in Taipei, Taiwan


In the evening of Jun. 6, 2020, I rode the public shared bike from Xinzhuang, New Taipei, Taiwan to Nanjichang Night Market, Taipei in order to celebrate the 1st success of recall vote in Taiwan's 400-year history. I visited what I missed so much, Smelly Boss Now Steamed Tofu (臭老闆現蒸臭豆腐)!


I visited here for my 1st time roughly 10 years ago. It was very popular with customers then. It had become more famous since it was recommended by Michelin Bib Gourmand in 2019!


That evening my seat was the outdoor seat. Besides the outdoor seats, here were also some indoor seats.


I ordered the dish I used to eat, a dish of steamed stinky tofu (現蒸臭豆腐) at 70 TWD (= 2.37 USD) and a bowl of rice at 15 TWD (= 0.51 USD), after I had my seat.


Here were some side dishes inside Smelly Boss Now Steamed Tofu (臭老闆現蒸臭豆腐). The prices were 25 TWD (= 0.85 USD) per dish.


Soon my steamed stinky tofu and rice were served!


The stinky tofu here differed from the common deep fried stinky tofu in Taiwan. It was cooked by steaming process. It was healthier and less oilier.


The dishes were all vegetarian foods, without any meat, milk and eggs.


There was no meat in the steamed stinky tofu dish. The stinky tofu had the unique aroma of fermented food. For me, it tasted so great with the shiitake mushrooms, edamame, basil and shredded gingers!


The texture of fermented stinky tofu was firmer than the common tofu. It also had good springiness. The stinky tofu absorbing the sauce in the dish was fantastic! I couldn't help but enjoy it one bite after another!


The sauce tasted a little sour and spicy. It was quite appetizing with the rice!


Personally speaking, I'm pretty satisfied with the steamed stinky tofu at Smelly Boss Now Steamed Tofu (臭老闆現蒸臭豆腐). But people who try stinky tofu for their 1st time might not like its odor of fermented food. For me, I love stinky tofu so much, so I strongly recommend the steamed stinky tofu at Smelly Boss Now Steamed Tofu (臭老闆現蒸臭豆腐)!


Map Information


Business Hours:11:30 - 22:30 (Closed on Wednesdays)
TEL:+8862 2305 2078


Besides the branch I visited that day, Smelly Boss Now Steamed Tofu (臭老闆現蒸臭豆腐) had its 2nd branch at Nanjichang Night Market (南機場夜市). There were more seats at its 2nd branch. Its map information was the following:

留言