Big Bowl Dong Quai Mutton (大碗公當歸羊肉), the Famous Mutton Soup Restaurant for its Braised Pork Rice in Banqiao, New Taipei, Taiwan


In the evening of Jul. 6, 2019, my friends and I met at MRT Xinpu Station, Banqiao, New Taipei, Taiwan. We came here to visit Big Bowl Dong Quai Mutton (大碗公當歸羊肉), the famous restaurant for its black and shiny braised pork rice (滷肉飯).


Big Bowl Dong Quai Mutton (大碗公當歸羊肉) was pretty popular with customers. Not only its seats inside were all occupied, but also customers for takeout came here one after another.



Here were a table and seats available just when we arrived!


That day I ordered its signature, a bowl of braised pork rice at 40 TWD (= 1.28 USD) and an extra stewed egg at 10 TWD (= 0.32 USD).


Besides its famous braised pork rice, I heard its dong quai mutton soup was also great! Initially I'd like to order mutton-with-skin soup (帶皮羊肉湯) at 120 TWD (= 3.85 USD), but the servant told me it was already sold out. I changed my initial order to mutton short rib soup (羊小排湯) at 100 TWD (= 3.21 USD).


The sauces here were served by ourselves.



After a while, my braised pork rice and dong quai mutton short rib soup were served together!


At first, I'd like to try the black and shiny braised pork rice, so-called the signature.


Although the braised pork looked slightly fatty, it didn't taste excessively greasy. Its flavor was a little sweet but not too salty. The braised pork was perfectly matched with the rice below!



The stewed egg tasted not bad!


And then I had its other signature, dong quai mutton soup. The soup tasted not excessively bitter with the rich aroma of dong quai.


The mutton short ribs were so many in the soup, and their texture was so tender.


The mutton ribs had slight herb aroma without sauce, but the ribs dipped in the special sauce was also great!

People always say that its braised pork rice was exactly the signature at Big Bowl Dong Quai Mutton (大碗公當歸羊肉) for just joking. Personally speaking, its braise pork rice is scrumptious without doubt, but its dong quai mutton soup is also fantastic! This restaurant is really worth visiting! I hope I'll try the mutton-with-skin soup next time!


Map Information


Business Hours:16:00 - 24:00 (Closed on Sundays)
Official Website:https://www.facebook.com/Angelicamutton/
TEL:+886 976 476 567

留言

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative information about dong quai extract with us. It's very helpful. Keep it up!

    回覆刪除

張貼留言