Sushikyu (すし久), the Scrumptious Local Speciality, Tekonesushi (てこね寿し), near Ise Grand Shrine, Mie, Japan


In the afternoon of Feb. 19, 2019, it rained a lot. I visited Ise Grand Shrine, Mie, Japan in rain. My next destination was Sushikyu (すし久), a restaurant nearby, for my dinner earlier.

Sushikyu (すし久) was the time-honored restaurant in Ise, Mie. It had been established since Tenpo Era of Tokugawa Shogunate. It had been here for over 150 year!



Its indoor designs looked very antique and historic!



It was on Tuesday, so Sushikyu (すし久) only opened until 17:00. I visited here at 16:00 and didn't see too many customers.



The seats here were so many, and they were all traditional tatami seats.


I could see Isuzu River from the windows here.



Back to the meal, I just ordered Ise's local speciality, tekonesushi (てこね寿し).


Because I had to eat dinner earlier, I merely ordered the simplest set (梅。平膳てこね) at 1,280 JPY (= 11.78 USD).


My set was served in 10 minutes!


Here were only two side dishes, but they both tasted good!


Its miso soup was also very tasty.


And then I focused on the main course, tekonesushi (てこね寿し). The marinated bonito sashimi in soy sauce looked so bright! The sashimi and shredded nori topped on sushi rice looked too mouth-watering!


The bonito sashimi with rich and strong flavor was marinated in soy sauce. And the combination of the bonito sashimi and sushi rice was very delicious!


Moreover, with the shredded nori, the tekonesushi (てこね寿し) became a flawless gourmet!


It was too hard to resist to eat them out one after another!


Sushikyu's tekonesushi (てこね寿し) originated from local fishers' cuisine during the break between their fishing on boats in the past. Its seasoning is pretty simple, but it's really scrumptious and full of local speciality. It's absolutely worth your try when visiting Ise Grand Shrine, Mie, Japan!


Map Information



Business Hours:10:30 - 20:00 (Wed. to Mon.);10:30 - 17:00 (Tue.)
TEL:+81 596-27-0229

留言